This week I froze 36 Miniature Avocado Key Lime Paleo Cheesecakes, basing my concoction on a recipe created by the genius, Gina from Running to the Kitchen.
- prep time: 1 hour and a half
- freeze time: 1 hour
Appliance/ Utensils Required:
- 3 mini muffin trays
- 1 food processor
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- 1 spoon to transfer mixture from processor to tray
- For the crust
- 12 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- zest of 1 lime
- pinch sea salt
- For the filling
- flesh from 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup 100% natural maple syrup
Instructions: Making the Crust
- Combine all the ingredients for the crust (dates, macadamia nuts, coconut flour, oil, pinch of salt, and lime zest) into a food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together.
- Using a table spoon, dish a 1 cm cubed piece from the food processor and press the mixture into the base of each mini muffin tray.
- Place the base into the freezer to set while you start to make the filling.
Instructions: Making the Filling
- Combine the avocado, lime juice, lime zest and 100% maple syrup into the food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Remove crust filled mini muffin tray from freezer and spoon the filling evenly into each compartment.
- Return trays to freezer for at least 1 hour to set.
And presto! 36 mini paleo avocado key lime cheesecakes frozen and ready for serving. In terms of taste, these babies are incredible.
One bite unleashes a sort of mayhem in your mouth. Not only are these little cheesecakes sweet, nutty and creamy, but they are perfectly balanced with a refreshing tart sensation that is addicting!
I would love to know if any of you guys have tried these citrus-y delights before. Or if you guys had any ideas for what I should make for my next Wholesome Wednesday post, please leave a comment down below !
Love Linda, xo