April is fast approaching and it feels like only yesterday that I posted my first blog (see – Intro: Dear Blog-Verse). How can 7 weeks have passed already? That is absolutely crazy to me. Not to mention that I am currently writing my 35th blog post!
In light of 2017’s rapidly closing window, I wanted to take the time to reflect on my 2017 goals (see – Lifestyle: 2017 Goals) and maybe get an idea of how I am progressing.
To give you a little back ground information, 5 weeks ago I had:
- recently resigned from my previous role,
- was about to start in a new position,
- was 1 week fresh into blogging, and;
- comitted to a year of courage, motivation and self love.
And to refresh your memory, my 2017 goals were (and still are):
- start a blog and produce creative content three times a week,
- explore my interests in makeup, food and fashion,
- learn how to edit a movie clip and upload a video onto YouTube,
- walk down the aisle,
- spend less money and maintain a budget,
- speak to my family and in-laws once a week,
- form three genuine new friendships, and;
- Spend more time outside. More beach, less Netflix.
So what have I done in the past 5 weeks?
Well, a lot of things. But to name a few:
- started my new job,
- flew and spent a week in Perth for work – a fantastic experience,
- spent 4 days down in Newcastle where I celebrated my sister-in-laws engagement,
- laughed my head off at a wine and cheese night hosted by my high school girlfriends,
- went on 3 seperate double dates, caught up with an old girlfriend from university, and attended multiple work functions,
- written and created 28 blog posts for Olive and Clo,
- exercised twice (holy cow that is embarrasing),
- road tripped 3 Saturdays in a row to Currumbin beach,
- pitched in for a PS4 for my brother’s 22nd birthday,
- had a productive meeting with our wedding designer re: styling and expectations,
- recieved our save the date invitations (they still haven’t been posted – fail), and;
- understood the benefits of having a plumber as a friend.
Aside from ‘upload a video on youtube’ and ‘walk down the aisle,’ I definitely think I am checking all my boxes.
Honestly, I have really impressed myself this last month. I have remained motivated, stretched the limits of my comfort zone, been more social and have generally focused on having a lot more fun.
Before I go, I am going to take the opportunity to add one more goal to my list: invest in self-hosting, a domain name and a theme for Olive and Clo.
However, in order to do so I have commited to achieving a few micro-goals first:
- learn how to take quality photos, and;
- produce 15 quality posts (with good lighting and content).
After all, I won’t be running until I am walking.
So there you have it – wish me luck guys. I should probably also amp up my exercise regime (sigh). I don’t really want to. But okay. Fine. I’ll do it.
Until next time. Stay Safe. Linda, xo