Olive & Clo has a New Domain

Happy Weekend Guys & Gals!

I just wanted to give you guys a quick update – Olive and Clo is officially on its own domain: http://oliveandclo.com.au.

Oh dear, where to begin – I literally spent my entire Saturday sitting behind this damn computer. Fumbling my way through the blogosphere. Confused, frustrated and mentally dazed.

Upgrading from WordPress.com to WordPress.org through a self-hosting service is not as simple as some tech experts would have you believe. It is difficult people. Really difficult. Consider this your warning. From one blog/IT noblet to another.

Anyway. After ten too many hours spent reading, scratching my head, formatting and re-formatting, I think I am finally done with the conversion (throws confetti in readers face).

I am not entirely sure how this change effects any of you guys – my gut feel says nothing at all. But regardless, I thought I’d give all you lovelies a heads up.

Also, on that note – Olive and Clo is officially on Social Media. Please feel free to waddle on over and give these accounts some much needed love! Links below:

Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin

Anyone else here impressed with how tech-y I’ve become? Because you should be. It has been a steep learning curve! Like an absolute beast of a curve! I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to slam my laptop shut and call it a day. I haven’t even seen the new Beauty and the Beast yet! (gasp.)

And last but definitely not least, I just wanted to give all the incredible bloggers and readers that have been following me, commenting on my posts and generally just supporting me a quick shout out. You guys have kept me so motivated, and engaged, and excited throughout this whole process. Bless all your cotton socks. Honestly.

Until next time – stay safe!
Linda xo

• OliveandClo
      March 25, 2017 / 9:03 pm

Thanking you! 😘😘😘
      Let me know when you make the jump. I might be able to assist haha 🤣🤣

• March 26, 2017 / 6:38 am

Hey dear
        Congrats on the upgrade.. I plan on doing the same and would really need some assistance.. I have a lot of questions to ask about self hosting and would really need your help…
        Here’s my mail /myyeka.com@gmail.com/..thank you

• OliveandClo
          March 26, 2017 / 6:40 am

Oh! How exciting. No dramas. I struggled a little too much converting mine. But I will help where I can!

Are you going to make the jump to self-hosting or just upgrading our domain name? x

• March 26, 2017 / 6:42 am

I would be doing both

1. March 26, 2017 / 7:04 am

Interesting update,wasnt aware of this.. thanks

2. April 7, 2017 / 5:26 pm

Thanks for liking my blog post… your blog is awesome… I am on wordpress org as well with 2 blogs and stores, but I keep some blogs at the .com also, like the one you favored tonight, has a match on .org under my domain name, but for some reason the .coms are a heck of a lot easier to get traffic to, so I keep them both and post alternating

• OliveandClo
      April 7, 2017 / 7:20 pm

And stores!? Goodness – definitely up to there. Haha. I have found that I got a little bit more traffic on my new domain. Which is opposite to what you are saying? I need to start keeping better track! So thanks for the prompt! 🙂🙂

3. April 8, 2017 / 11:06 pm

Thanks for visiting my site you young lovely.

Peace be the Botendaddy

• OliveandClo
      April 10, 2017 / 6:46 pm

Thank you muchly Matt!

4. April 14, 2017 / 10:10 am

Great site you have done an excellent work. Which version of wordpress do you use?

• OliveandClo
      April 14, 2017 / 10:19 am

Thank you for your kind words Margaret!
      At the moment – WordPress.org.
      However I am using the ‘lite’ version of a theme. But will hopefully invest in a complete theme soon. And yourself?

• April 14, 2017 / 1:22 pm

Able theme – would like to get more adventuresome soon 🙂

5. April 18, 2017 / 6:57 am

Well done on the upgrade. Brilliant stuff. As a newbie to blogging i find your articles like this really helpful.

• OliveandClo
      April 18, 2017 / 9:24 am

As always Matt – thank you for commenting! Love your feedback. 😍😍

6. April 25, 2017 / 8:56 am

Congratulations and good luck. Thank you for stopping in at ThusNSuch.

7. May 18, 2017 / 9:30 am

Congratulations! It all looks great and no change on the readers end I don’t believe! I have researched switching myself but it seemed like too steep of a mountain for me to try yet. Maybe sometime soon. I love how your site keeps evolving, so great! x

• May 19, 2017 / 4:47 am

It’s not too bad to be honest. And I definitely wished I switched earlier than I actually did. Because I guess, it’s not so much the difficulty, but the nuisance of having your subscribers jump from one website to another. 😜😜

Ohhh. Thank you so much. That absolutely warms my heart that for you to have said that. It makes all the effort behind the scenes worth it! ❤️❤️❤️

8. Pingback: URL