With May well and truly here, I wanted to take the opportunity to reflect on everything I had done/achieved over the last month. And whilst doing so, share a few of my favorite photos from April. Since I have never been one to turn down an opportunity to organize or create lists, I’ve divided this post into 2 segments: April in Review (broken down into 4 categories of personal, wedding, professional, and blog), and then finishing of with my Hopes for May.
April in Review:
- Played hostess to traveling in-laws for the Easter long weekend where we visited Sunshine Beach, Eat Street Markets, and Mount Cootha.
- Travelled to Newcastle for the Anzac Day long weekend where Rhett and I ventured to Sydney CBD, Caves Beach, Catherine Hill Bay, and Maroubra Beach. I also managed to catch up with two of my girlfriends/bridesmaids over coffee and sushi.
- Rhett turned 28 and aged considerably as a result (haha, jokes).
- Watched Beauty and the Beast and loved every single second of it. Subsequently listening to the entire audio track for weeks on after.
- Met with our wedding stationary supplier where Rhett and I established an aesthetic for our formal invites.
- Met with our wedding designer to go through florals, furniture hire, and general expectations.
- Traveled to Rockhampton.
- Saw my first improvement project happen without any major hiccups.
Olive & Clo Achievements:
- Convinced my fiancé to get behind the camera.
- Changed content directions from a blog focused on beauty and baking to a lifestyle blog focused on fashion and travel.
- Improved my writing skills and established a blogging ‘voice’.
- Created and published 14 blog posts (averaging 3 posts per week).
Hopes for May:
- Be a more enthusiastic bride. We are now 7 months out from the big day and I can’t even find time to action 3 measly emails. Pathetic effort Linda, pathetic.
- Get my ass back on the Ketogenic/Paleo bandwagon. I have been abysmal with exercising any sort of discipline/self-control for pretty much all of April.
- Maintain a consistent blogging schedule of 3 days a week.
- Read the new Sarah J Maas book, A Court of Wings and Ruin, and hope to G*d that the book hangover that follows doesn’t absolutely destroy me.
- Swim in a watering hole nearby a waterfall and spend an afternoon in the vineyards basking under a golden pink sky.
That’s all I have in terms of May goals. They aren’t the most sexy, or wild, but I wanted to keep them achievable in light of how busy April turned out to be.
Again, thank you to all for reading (and a special thank you to all those who comment/like/engage!). And if any of you guys are doing anything interesting for the month of May, please leave a comment – I would love to hear your plans! 🙂