Mount Ngungun & Arnhem Clothing

Saturday evening marked my first ever hike up a mountain. To ease my transition into ‘avid adventurer’, I chose Mount Ngungun based on the many reviews I had read and a few recommendations from my colleagues.

Long story short, Mount Ngungun, standing at 253 metres tall, is deemed the most ‘child-friendly’ out of all the Glasshouse Mountains. So obviously, being a woman of sub-par fitness, that sounded right up my alley.

Now, looking back on my decision, I feel ridiculously grateful that I went with the ‘baby’ mountain. Because honest-to-god, I almost died. The fact that I am sitting here, writing this blog post is no short of a dead-set miracle. By the half way mark, my breathing laboured, my ears were ringing and my legs felt outrageously heavy. I couldn’t even bring myself to laugh at the kind-of-hilarious jokes Rhett kept firing my way in an effort to ease my obvious displeasure. God bless that man for trying but I was in no mood.

In my defence however, Rhett and I did charge up that mountain at leopard-like speed. Haha, well ..not really. But we did make it to the top of the summit in less than 15 minutes. Which in hindsight, was a phenomenal effort but probably not the smartest thing to do. Considering how perilous the ‘stairs’ were and how wholly unqualified I was to dance around the dozens of spine-chilling vertical drops littering the entire track.

Regardless, as far as the moral of the story goes, not only did Rhett and I make it to the top of Mount Ngungun with our lives intact but we also made it just in time to catch the sunset. As you can see, the view was phenomenal.

In these photos, the dress I am wore is the stunning ‘Juniper’ maxi dress from Arnhem Clothing in Vintage Rouge, which I believe is still available on their website for $159.00 AUD (link here). And needless to say, I am oddly obsessed with this dress.

As always, I hope you guys enjoyed this suite of photos from my evening spent sitting precariously on top of Mount Ngungun. If anybody reading this is local to Queensland, I highly recommend you guys head up there and see the views for yourself. No photo will ever do it justice.

Until next time, stay safe.

1. May 29, 2017 / 5:16 am

“Because honest-to-god, I almost died. The fact that I am sitting here, writing this blog post is no short of a dead-set miracle.” πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. You are so dramatic!

That view tho!!! Your dress & poses, Rhett’s photography πŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎ. You sure are having a splendid weekend.

• May 29, 2017 / 5:58 am

Haha, Asaake! Wait until your ass is sitting on top of that mountain. You’ll be like, “Linda. I was wrong.” (breathes heavily). “I can’t breath.” (Asaake crumples to the floor). “Pretty much dead.” 🀣🀣

• May 29, 2017 / 12:31 pm

I laughed out so loud πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
        You’re seriously hilarious

2. May 29, 2017 / 5:32 am

Beautiful photography and dress, love this!! ❀️😌

• May 29, 2017 / 5:58 am

Thank you John! Very encouraging! ☺️☺️

3. May 29, 2017 / 8:17 am

WOW! The views and your dress are beautiful!!! <3 But next time you go up a mountain, please be careful! πŸ™‚

• May 29, 2017 / 10:40 am

Hehe. Thank you Shelby. ❀️ And yes definitely will be a little more vigilant next time! 😜😜

4. May 29, 2017 / 8:51 am

First of all, your dress is stunning! And second, that view is just incredibly magnificent! <3 Okay, I seriously can't believe you've managed to climb a mountain in a maxi dress. That's something to be proud of! I can't even get to the 3rd floor of my office building in a skirt without excessive cussing and complaining for at least 10 times. Hahaha

• May 29, 2017 / 10:44 am

Haha, Vic! ❀️
      I most definitely did not make this hike in a maxi dress! 🀣 I’m sorry to disappoint! I got changed for the photo out of my gym gear and trainers. 😜 I’d be similar to you – definitely would have severely injured myself walking in that dress! ❀️

5. May 29, 2017 / 9:15 am

These shots are absolutely gorgeous, Linda! I wish I was brave enough to tackle a challenge like that, especially in a dress.Well done. Speaking of which, I adore your dress. It looks amazing on you.

• May 29, 2017 / 10:42 am

Ahh Ashley! ❀️🌻
      Thank you so much for reading and your lovely words! 😍😘

I will admit, I did make the trek in gym gear and trainers. The dress was changed into after the math. I am not that much of a dare devil! 🀣🀣

6. May 29, 2017 / 1:06 pm

Bravo for challenging yourself – and succeeding! (Even if it did almost kill you πŸ˜‰ )

Keep this up and you’ll be almost fit in next to no time πŸ˜€

Just caught the last of the ‘Golden Hour’ nice timing! and nice photo’s from Rhett, although as one who dabbles, a filter might have given even better shots?

Love the poses and scenery and the Juniper sets it off wonderfully – nice choices.

Looking forward to the next one – with a little smaller slope maybe? πŸ™‚

love.

• May 29, 2017 / 6:52 pm

Haha! Thank you so much. πŸ˜…

Yeah, it was a pretty big effort. But I can definitely see what all the fuss is about!

Yes. Rhett and I agree. We are definitely missing a filter on our lens. I believe he wants to wait to invest in a new lens before he pays for a filter. Due to fittings and what not.

Thanks again! And definitely will be looking for a gentler incline. Or at least invest in some rock climbing courses! 🀣🀣

7. May 29, 2017 / 3:56 pm

15 minutes to climb up any small mountain (even a child friendly one) is impressive. Even if you nearly died (I totally believe that, I’ve done my fair share of hikes, and it always feels like death), the view is incredible!! Hikes may be tough, but man those views! And it really feels like you’ve earned it πŸ˜€
    That dress is also gorgeous πŸ™‚

• May 29, 2017 / 6:50 pm

Thank you so much baby girl! It was tough! 😫 And my first ‘real’ one as well. This might be the last climb for a while! Haha. And thank you so much lovely. 😍❀️ I am starting to have a thing for red!

8. May 29, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Stunning pictures as always, glad you made it back alive πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I can’t even judge you because my fitness level sounds about the same haha

• May 30, 2017 / 5:35 am

Haha, thanks baby Lou! 😍😘
      Well if that’s the case – if I can do it! You can do it too! 😜😜

• May 30, 2017 / 5:47 am

You’re very welcome sweet ❀️😘

9. May 30, 2017 / 3:56 am

Such a lovely view. I absolutely adore hiking adventures!

• May 30, 2017 / 5:37 am

Thanks so much Dakota. πŸ˜πŸ™‚
      This is my first time ‘hiking’ haha – but already looking forward to the next one! ..just might need to work a little more on my fitness. 🀣🀣

• May 30, 2017 / 10:47 am

Hiking will get you there just fine. Maybe do something easier through the week and a big hike on the weekend πŸ™‚ that’s my technique

10. Anonymous
    May 30, 2017 / 6:36 am

Beautiful photos Linda πŸ™‚ xx

• May 30, 2017 / 6:47 am

Thank you so much! 😍❀️

11. May 30, 2017 / 11:59 am

These shots are fantastic, Linda!!! (&Rhett) !! Seriously breathtaking! You are hilarious “almost dying” but I can so relate. My first mountain was somewhere over 1,000 meters high. The locals said it was “easy” I was cursing that thing and even told my (now) husband he would need to call a helicopter to get me down. Somehow I made it but it was no small feat. Good work girl!! x

• May 31, 2017 / 5:03 am

Oh V! As always, thank you! 🀣❀️
      1,000 meters high! Holy crap. That is a damn huge mountain. πŸ˜… I would have definitely needed that helicopter! Or a funeral service at the top. Haha. 😘❀️

12. May 31, 2017 / 11:54 pm

LOVE !!! Such beautiful scenery! Please tell me you at least hiked up in tennis shoes!? haha

• June 1, 2017 / 5:12 am

Hahah! 🀣🀣 Kels! Definitely in gym clothes and trainers! 😍❀️ And thank you babe! 😘

13. June 24, 2017 / 9:57 am

So beautiful! That dress is amazing as well πŸ™‚ x

• June 24, 2017 / 7:51 pm

Thank you – once again – gorgeous Sarah!! ❀️☺️😍

14. July 4, 2017 / 10:57 pm

β€œBecause honest-to-god, I almost died. The fact that I am sitting here, writing this blog post is no short of a dead-set miracle.” πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    My gosh! You are a drama queen. That had me laughing (no kidding).

Also, red suits you purfectly, milady. Gorgeous dress, Impressive time taken, Amazing scenery!

P.S. Do you know that I just realized that your name was Linda? Ok, so maybe I knew but it just registered in my mind now. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• July 5, 2017 / 8:17 am

Hahaha. 🀣 What am I going to do with you Miss Jainey!?
      But thank you so so much lovely girl πŸ’œβ˜ΊοΈ
      I aim to please you, if not anybody else! 😜

Haha. And yes. Linda is my name! As Jainey is yours! 😏😏

• July 5, 2017 / 9:27 am

You already told me what you’re gonna do – put me in a box and express ship me to Australia!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
        I was scared you would have noticed how I called you every other name but Linda. But I’ll modify it to give it a “Jainey” touch.
        So, I’ll call you,…. LINDY.

P.S. Are you sure that’s my name and not just some nickname? 😏😏

• July 6, 2017 / 7:07 am

Well … now that you’ve mentioned it …
          WHAT IS YOUR NAME. 😳

• July 6, 2017 / 9:09 am

Ha ha. The name’s Jane Love.