This week has been a funny one for me. I have been feeling deflated, and insecure, and lost. All because I had spent the entirety of last Sunday comparing the content on Olive & Clo with the content created by others, more specifically that of established influencers. Vying over their photos, their fashion, their appearance and their following. I even subconsciously started convincing myself that Olive & Clo would never ever see that same level of success. That I am a fool to produce any content at all. And who am I to put myself out there on social media in hopes that maybe, someday, I might become just as good as them.
So with all that nonsense weighing on my mind and with May well and truly over, I thought I would take this opportunity to look back and reflect on the month that was and hopefully pull myself out of this ridiculous mind-frame, just in time to enjoy my Friday and the weekend ahead.
- Explored 3 waterfalls: Kondalilla Falls, Cedar Creek Falls and Serenity Falls.
- Hiked up a Glasshouse Mountain, Mount Ngungun.
- Watched the sunset over Brisbane CBD from Kangaroo Point and Wilsons Outlook.
- Watched the sunrise at Alexandria Bay and stayed the night in the lovely Noosa.
- Maintained a fairly healthy eating month – adhering to a Ketogenic/Paleo lifestyle.
- Met with my wedding dress designer and established a design, concept and expectation.
- Updated the wedding budget.
- Applied necessary pressure on my mother to finalise her guest list.
Olive & Clo Achievements:
- Created and published 13 blog posts for the month of May (averaging 3 posts per week).
- Invested more time into Olive & Clo’s social media platforms (Twitter|Bloglovin’|Instagram).
- Had a photo reposted on Tigani Lux’s Instagram account on the 15th of May and another photo reposted on Arnhem Clothing’s Instagram account on the 29th of May.
Goals for June:
- Finalise wedding guest list and invitations ready for distribution by the end of the month.
- Continue living, exploring and going on more adventures.
- Maintain a consistent blogging schedule of 3 posts per week and invest in a new website layout.
- Stop comparing myself to other content creators and letting myself feel anything less than proud of Olive & Clo.
A good half-an-hour has passed since I began writing this post and I can honestly say that I am feeling a little better about myself, a touch lighter. Because man, I have achieved a lot this month and how I could have possibly lost sight of all that is simply beyond me. Absolutely ridiculous.
Anyways, I am going to leave it here. But if anybody else reading this has ever caught themselves feeling a similar way, please feel free to share! I would adore nothing more. And at the very least know that I am not the only special-case in this blog-verse.
Much love, Linda xo