Burleigh Heads Beach & Arnhem Clothing

After my rock scramble to the iconic ‘Cock Rock’ of Burleigh National Park (see more here), Rhett and I spent the rest of our evening watching the sun go down across Burleigh Beach. And no, it wasn’t as romantic as you would probably assume and I dare say most photographers would understand the reasons behind the why. But for those of you who don’t do cameras, essentially the twilight hours are spent setting off long-exposure timers from varying different perspectives and at times, from uncomfortable angles in an endeavour to capture the perfect shot. Or in our case, a useable shot of decent quality. Lol.

Needless to say, there was not a whole lot of hand-holding that was had, not a sliver of PDA. Rhett spent the majority of his time focusing, shooting, waiting 30 seconds for an image to develop, changing angles and then re-focusing whilst I micromanaged from the side and happily yabbered nonsense into his ear. So despite the beautiful sunset, the evening didn’t turn out greatly romantic but we had loads of fun nonetheless.

So as you guys have probably already figured out, for today’s post I thought I would share a few of our shots from our evening spent on Burleigh Beach. The place was absolutely packed, so I think Rhett did fantastically well to land a few frames with nobody in sight save for a few surfers. That future hubby of mine is getting pretty good behind a DSLR.

For this evening, I wore my new Arnhem dress, the ‘Spanish Rose Mini Dress in Scarlet’ that I thrifted for just under $30.00. Which I thought was an absolute bargain considering that the dress was and is still available on Arnhem’s website for $127.00 (down from $159.00 – for more details, click here).

I know, I know.. another bloody Arnhem dress! Insert eye roll. Anyone would think Arnhem has been sponsoring me for these last few posts but unfortunately for my bank account, they have not. I guess all I can really say is that I just love this brand. I find their cuts super flattering on my figure and the fabrics they use so soft and of such high-quality that I have fast become a loyal brand advocate. And much to my delight, they have just launched their new collection Moondance and I kid you not, the ‘Moondance Maxi dress in Jasmine‘ and the ‘Moondance Kimono in Sandalwood‘ have already made my wish-list.

Anyway that’s it from me today and I am thrilled that it is once again the middle of the week. To those who follow me on Instagram (@OliveandClo), you guys would already know this but Rhett and I have booked to stay on the Sunshine Coast of Australia again for a self-imposed long weekend. And honestly, I could not be more excited!

Until next time, stay safe.

1. June 7, 2017 / 5:25 am

Really beautiful photos and dress, your man has a great talent for photography.

• June 7, 2017 / 7:15 am

Hahah! Thanks John! I’ll be sure to pass that on. ☺️☺️

2. June 7, 2017 / 5:50 am

You always post such beautiful photos. I live in a heavily urban area so shots like these are a breath of fresh air 🙂

• June 7, 2017 / 7:17 am

Thanks Fed! 😊
      Rhett and I live in the middle of Brisbane CBD ourselves. So unfortunately these places are a bit of a venture for us as well! But definitely worth the effort. ☺️☺️

3. June 7, 2017 / 6:32 am

Ah so beautiful! So does Rhett have an available brother who can be my photographer boo too? He’s truly a great photographer and you’re stunning! #perfectDuo 🙌🏾

• June 7, 2017 / 7:19 am

Hahah, he does have a brother actually, who is well-verse in how to operate a camera! 😂😂 I’ll send word!

As always, thank you gorgeous girl. ❤️
      I have been meaning to ask, have you decided on what you are going to do re: combining your personal + asakemi social media accounts? 😘😘

• June 7, 2017 / 12:09 pm

Aha! Well tell him I said Hello! 😂😂.

And yes, I figured something. I’ll experiment that for a few weeks/month & see how it goes.

4. June 7, 2017 / 8:23 am

Rhett is so talented with that camera! You’re a very lucky lady Linda 😀
    Also your description of how your evening went, with Rhett focusing on photography, and you on the side micromanaging, and happily yabbering nonsense into his ear, sounds like what I do with Rory when he’s trying to do something XD

• June 7, 2017 / 2:26 pm

Ohhhh! Thank you so much beautiful Angela ☺️ I’ll be sure to let him know! 😍❤️

Haha yes, that’s Rhett and I for sure. We are in the best relationships. 😉😉

• June 7, 2017 / 2:28 pm

Oh Nora! My beautiful flower child, you! ❤️😍
      I will be sure to check this out as soon as I get home from work. Thank you so much. I adore you and all your support! ❤️ But of course, you already knew that! 😉😉

5. June 7, 2017 / 10:51 am

Tell Rhett he did a great job, for all the effort at getting it right. You have lovely beach weather there, I have June Gloom in Southern California (low clouds and mostly grayish days).

• June 7, 2017 / 2:25 pm

Haha! Thank you! I will be sure to let him know! ☺️☺️

It’s actually pretty cold here. We are officially in winter! But hopefully the crisp, clear days stay around for a bit longer.

I would love to visit Southern California soon. You live in a spectacular part of the world. 💙💚

6. June 7, 2017 / 2:18 pm

Great Job Guys! A day well spent i think!

Love the last two pics the most and especially Rhett’s effort capturing the mist like quality as the waves move over the rocks. 🙂

If i have a criticism it’s that the light was not good for best displaying the qualities of the dress! You might have to do another shoot in it in better light?? ( Please) 🙂

love.

• June 7, 2017 / 2:23 pm

Thank you! As always!

I will pass on your thoughts onto Rhett! I’m sure he will take them on board for this weekend!

I couldn’t agree more. Definitely didn’t do much for the dress. 😫

7. June 8, 2017 / 12:16 am

Yes, props to Rhett as these photos really do look amazing! And you obviously had a great time. <3

8. June 9, 2017 / 2:52 am

Beautiful as ever you two! Oh how I can relate to the micro managing on the sidelines while I patiently wait for the perfect photo to be snapped lol! You two are great, If we were closer I’d invite you over for a toast and some photos! You’re still invited but it may take awhile haha. I always enjoy a good chuckle as I read your musings. Looking forward to what you two create this weekend! yay! xx

• June 9, 2017 / 9:07 pm

Oh thank you once again baby doll!
      I look forward to catching up with YOUR shenanigans this weekend.

I’d have to agree with you V – we would definitely be double dating if we lived on the same continent. Maybe we will someday! We can only hope!