Carlo Sand Blow & Arnhem Clothing

For today’s post, I’m coming to you with a small photo gallery from an afternoon spent exploring the expansive sand dunes of Carlo Sand Blow located approximately 100 kms north of the tourist-hub, Noosa Beach.

And wasn’t my afternoon epic. From the moment Rhett and I stepped onto the dunes, we were blown away. Carlo Sand Blow is magnificent. Its terrain appeared to go on forever with rolling hills that seemed endless, and by the time we reached the cliff’s edge, we were greeted by stunning panoramic views of Rainbow Beach and a mesmerizing ocean of aqua blue.

Rhett and I arrived at the Carlo Sand Blow at around 3 in the afternoon and despite the heavy grey clouds, we pressed forward, wanting to find the perfect vantage point to watch the sunset. In light of the recent rain-fall, the sunset was due to be pretty spectacular.

.. .. Only to have Rhett and I packing our equipment and leaving prematurely. Thanks to yours truly. Just moments before the sun set over the horizon, resulting in both of us missing the dusk sky intensify with the most beautiful hues of pink and purple. And needless to say, I was absolutely devastated, and downright disappointed in myself.

Because not only was I the reason we missed the very sun set that we had just driven an hour-and-a-half to see, but I could not control, for the life of me, just how completely and unreasonably deflated I felt after overhearing a few strangers talking smack about the photos Rhett and I were taking.

Once I caught wind of: ‘Is that a professional model?‘ .. ‘No, it’s just another wannabe and her boyfriend‘ .. ‘Probably just for Instagram‘, I completely and utterly shut-down. And within seconds, I instantly lost all sight of my passion project, my love for creating content, and too-quickly started questioning what the hell I was even doing in front of my very own lens.

And in hindsight, now that I am sitting here and writing this blog post, I feel somewhat ashamed to have reacted the way that I did. To have let the words of a few strangers sink so deep and ruin a potentially incredible evening with my fiancé. All because of a few tossers and their inability to not run their mouths.

So I guess. To anybody that is reading this that has experienced something similar. All I want to say is, please know that you are not alone. Because soon-after the ‘event’ and after one-too-many-hours wasted replaying the useless words of a complete stranger in my mind, I spent some time re-reading the comments that I had received from the blogging community, submersing myself in endless support and encouragement. And soon after, I realized that despite the few that may not be okay with what I do, there are 1,472 subscribers of Olive and Clo that are very okay with what I do.

So to those few that are incapable of saying anything decent , I say f*ck them.

And to the beautiful, supportive blogging community (Asaake from Asakemi, Angela from LifeofAngela, Kelsie from ItsMeKelsie, Victoria from Victorialise, Victoria from ABlogbyVictoria, Lou from RealLifeWithLou .. just to name a few), I say thank you, thank you, thank you. You guys are incredible.

And now that I have gotten that little tyraid out of the way, I’m going to move on with the post! So, in terms of what I wore to Carlo Sand Blow:

• Arnhem ‘Carolina Rose’ Kimono in ‘Porcelain Blue’ – still available on their website for AUD $169.00 (to see more, click here) and
  • Zimmerman ‘Fixed Tri Bra Top’ in Black – still available on their website for AUD $130 (to see more, click here).

And it goes without saying, I absolutely adore both these pieces. The Arnhem kimono in particular is honest-to-god spectacular. The blue combined with that particular pattern is, in my humble opinion, to die for. I would like to give a virtual kiss to my beautiful fiancé for spoiling me once again with another quality piece from Arnhem Clothing.

As always, I hope you guys enjoyed yet another one of my posts!

And until next time, stay safe!

1. June 12, 2017 / 8:58 am

I bet you knew you’d find me here fairly soon #teamnotification 😌😌.
    I wasn’t expecting to me tagged by you amazing blogger *wipes redness from cheeks*.
    Eventually, you’ll get a hang of it, my dear! You and Rhett might as well be professionals because the quality of what you two churn out is ah-may-zingggg. 🙌🏾🙌🏾.
    And I can imagine you saying “oh no Babe (or whatever you call him), we gotta go! Do you see the weather?” 😂😂.
    And that hater needs to suck it and mind their business before I 🔪 From accross the globe 🌎

• June 12, 2017 / 4:43 pm

Oh Asaake! How I do adore you! 💙☺️
      Haha, and OF COURSE you got a special mention – you are honestly one of my favorites 😍😘

And haha, that’s essentially what happened! Rhett had no idea why my mood turned so dramatically until we were back in the car. He was so confused.

Awe and thank you! They do need to mind their own business. But I guess, when I’m out in public, doing something that they don’t particularly understand, they don’t know what else to do then to judge and comment. Ah well, that’s in them I guess. 😒 As for us. We’ll just keep slayyyyyying! 🤣🤣❤️

2. June 12, 2017 / 8:59 am

Beautiful photos and location!! ❤️🌴👍🏻

• June 12, 2017 / 4:44 pm

Thank you so much John! As always!
      Your support has been very appreciated. ☺️☺️

3. June 12, 2017 / 9:02 am

That mega sucks!! So glad to see you turning it around and being like f”*k em!!! What Asaake said, you guys may as well be with the content your getting out there!!! 😘

• June 12, 2017 / 4:45 pm

Oh babe! Thank you so much!
      And it seems so ridiculous to have let them effect me so much, but when you’re in the morning … oh damn .. it’s difficult.

You and I need to have a long catch up!
      I mean, how’s being back home!? And not blissing out on your honeymoon? xo 😘

• June 13, 2017 / 8:23 am

Your way more of a people person than me in the morning, I well would have gone all cray cray on them 😂 It is easier said than done though and in the moment it is hard. Its always easier to think of come backs after!! I feel ya there!

Being home sucks! Still have holiday blues and I’m back at work like yeeeeee whatever, Ill get to that eventually! Super crap to be like that with a busy few weeks lined up but i’ll bounce back soon enough. Constantly wishing we were back to anyone of the places we went!!

Hows the wedding plans?? Any thoughts on your honeymoon destination?? I’ll live through you guys for now 😂 xx

• June 14, 2017 / 4:29 am

Morning babe!
          Ahhh! Back at work with travel blues. I feel you.
          But I’m only suffering from having 3 days off as oppose to your 3 weeks! You poor thing! Have you and hubby made any other plans to travel again soon?

Ohhhh. You would be so proud of me. But I’ve decided on a wedding invitation design! But, still unsure on the honeymoon destination! 😔 And no new updates to report on the dress (other than what I had emailed you a month back). But at 5 months out, I’m actually starting to feel a pick up in momentum!

What’s on for you and your hubby this weekend? xo

• June 19, 2017 / 8:47 am

Hey!! Ye getting over them blues is planning another trip! We are looking at the south of France for October…. Budget permitting 🙂
            Wedding invites!!!! Yayayayayay well getting close now! Look at you go girl!! DYING to see them you’ll have to do a post! Its going to fly in!! So it’s in November??
            This weekend has been super hot so we’ve been out soaking up the rays and hitting some BBQ! How did you guys get on?! xx

4. June 12, 2017 / 11:41 am

Usually people who feel the need to belittle the efforts of others are the ones who have never tried to accomplish anything of their own. Running their mouth is the only thing they put any effort into doing. Just do what you want to do and pay them no mind. (I know, easier said than done, but try.) All the best.

• June 12, 2017 / 4:57 pm

Ahh. Your comment really hit home for me.
      Because – instead of beating myself up, maybe I should take some time to understand what fuels ‘them’ and whether their words have any substance at all. So thank you so, so much for commenting. It proved as a good reminder. ☺️☺️

5. June 12, 2017 / 2:36 pm

I love what you do on this blog! 🙂

But that is just my opinion and not really worth much at all, in fact i’d say it has exactly as much value as the ‘jerk’ who spoke his opinion (version of the truth) – probably more loudly than was absolutely necessary in the circumstances.

Anything you do in life will attract both positive and negative criticism – if you can’t handle one kind you won’t end up doing much of value in your life. You KNOW this already but it seems you have yet to learn an appropriate response to the real world. May i suggest you find one that works – and quickly?

Then maybe your followers will get to see you in that magnificent sunset – and a whole lot more afterwards…

… no matter who or what else might be around you!

More importantly, you won’t ever feel less of yourself because of the opinions of other people – even if they are ones you love and who you thought loved you.

P.S. Most people don’t get to find the way that works until they reach their 70’s or 80’s when they no longer care what people think, but i think you have the potential to get there much sooner than most people… just ask your man if you don’t believe me! 😉

love

• June 12, 2017 / 5:03 pm

Haha. You make me laugh. And as always – thank you so much for taking the time to read my posts, and comment, and add so much support and encouragement to my life! You have been incredible and I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to share your wisdom with me.

And you are absolutely right. I do need to learn how to appropriately respond to criticism. If that evening was anything to go by, I’m still ill-equipped. Something I most definitely need to work on. And quickly, if Olive and Clo is to continue.

Thanks for believing me – as always. And I hope you had an incredible weekend yourself!

• June 25, 2017 / 2:24 pm

Laughter, especially the ability to laugh at yourself and not take yourself TOO seriously is an essential part of that learning 🙂 I hope i can do it myself and also keep you laughing (not always at yourself though! ) 😉

P.s Late reply as this did not seem to show in my wordpress comments but was in the ‘unread’ column??)

love.

6. June 12, 2017 / 3:30 pm

I’m with you Linda! You guys take amazing photos in places that give me wanderlust while rocking some gorgeous outfits! It’s all in the name of fun and showing your readers something awesome. Fuck them indeed! 😃😃
    Thanks for the shout out by the way girl! You know im one of your biggest supporters 🙂

• June 12, 2017 / 5:05 pm

Haha. Thank you so much Angela Baby! 😍☺️
      As I am one of YOUR greatest supporters. 🤣

7. June 12, 2017 / 5:20 pm

Great location. Never been north of Brisbane (except to Cairns but flew up there). My kinda beach!

• June 12, 2017 / 5:28 pm

It was my first time here to! I would definitely recommend. And my photos have done this place no justice. Rainbow beach goes for miles. And the ‘colored sands’ are worth a visit!

8. June 12, 2017 / 5:37 pm

Hi!
    Didn’t want to read and not comment. Your pictures look awesome, I bet those people were just super jealous, but I know how you feel when something like that happens and you can’t help for it to effect you! And then kicking yourself after for spoiling the event, you’ve turned out some great pictures and an awesome post though so look at the positive 😃

9. June 12, 2017 / 6:22 pm

Beautiful photos! Don’t let those inappropriate comments by strangers ruin your memories of that lovely day and the fun you had. Chances are, they were jealous.

• June 13, 2017 / 7:01 am

Thank you so much Janet! 😊
      Haha, and you know what – they probably were! 😋

• June 13, 2017 / 7:02 am

Thank you gorgeous Court! 😍❤️

10. June 13, 2017 / 12:11 am

What a shame people can be so thoughtless in their words. I think the photos are amazing. You looked amazing and that Kimono is gorgeous. Best advice I can give is NEVER let someone steal your joy, you do what makes you happy, and you will never regret it 🙂

• June 13, 2017 / 7:05 am

Thank you so much Margaret. Your lovely, wise words have really added to my morning. And yeah, I have no idea why I let a single negative person affect me so greatly. But never again! Got to look after our own joys! 😊😊❤️

11. June 13, 2017 / 2:50 am

Oh sweetheart! Don’t you dare get affected again by those types of stupid people. That has happened to me a few times and I usually just give them the finger, wink, then smile very, very sarcastically. You’re beautiful and you should never let anyone make you feel otherwise! 🙂

• June 13, 2017 / 7:06 am

Haha V – I adore your sass! Something that I definitely need a healthy dose of! I’ll be sure to try and channel my inner Victoria next time! 😊😍❤️ And as always – thank you for being so lovely!

12. June 13, 2017 / 10:53 am

People often don’t realize how much their unsolicited opinion can hurt others. Just smile and be proud of the fact you are doing something you love! They clearly are still looking for their own passion.

• June 14, 2017 / 4:30 am

Thank you so much Keri.
      You are much to kind. ❤️
      There need to be more people like you in the world. ☺️

13. June 13, 2017 / 7:33 pm

I really don’t understand why people feel the need to be so nasty. I (like so many others) love seeing this sort of stuff on blogs, Instagram, anywhere. I think it’s one of the beautiful things about the world we live in that creation and publication isn’t confined to a chosen few, anyone can get up and practice their talents for all the world to see.

Having major beach envy too! I might go and get some shots of England’s stony beaches :p

• June 14, 2017 / 4:34 am

Hahah! Thank you David.
      Yeah. I’m unsure. I also love seeing what people produce in these spaces! I, myself, have witnessed vloggers and youtubers walking around my part of town, talking into their cameras or other fashion bloggers doing a photo shoot in the middle of Brisbane CBD – and every single time, I am excited to see content creators out and about, doing there thing! ☺️☺️

14. June 14, 2017 / 8:00 am

Linda, I feel the same way sometimes. I have selective hearing, so if I even think someone is talking about me, it’s so distracting and I have to know what they are saying. I get all worked up when I know I shouldn’t. Some days I am all about not caring what people think when out in public, but some days it just really bothers me when people act like that. Not sure why it changes! So glad you realize that you’re amazing and don’t need to worry about what other’s think! You are great at what you do! Keep it up! These pics still turned out amazing, as usual!

Also, thank you for the sweet shoutout! xoxo

-Kelsie
    kelsiekristine.com

• June 14, 2017 / 6:46 pm

My absolute pleasure Kels! ☺️😍
      And thank you boo. Your lovely encouragements have become a dead-set anchor of mine. ❤️