The Untold Stories Behind the Photos

It is the weekend once again and I couldn’t be more thrilled. So to kick off the next two days of adventure and good company, I thought it would be fun to share a few of the memories and laughs that sit behind some of my favourite photos. A short collection of untold stories that have enriched my journey as a travel blogger so far.

We didn’t realise we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun! – Winnie the Pooh

Untold Story #1

Carlo Sand
Blow, Sunshine Coast
Link to Blog Post: Click here

The time when Rhett and I stumbled across a photography workshop that was hosted purely for beginners over the age of 65. It was incredible getting to watch 10 to 12 grey-haired photographers enthusiastically practice taking portraits of a model using various state-of-the-art lenses and 2 large light diffusers.

Untold Story #2

Wilson Lookout, Brisbane

Link to Blog Post: Click here

The time when Rhett and I drove 15 minutes into the city to catch the sunset only to arrive and realise that we forgot to pack the camera battery and had half-an-hour to drive home and back before dusk. Needless to say, it was a frantic rush to the finish line.

Untold Story #3

Serenity Falls, Buderim

Link to Blog Post: Click here

The time when Rhett and I froze our bottoms off walking through the rainforest to find Serenity Falls and got 8293474-millimetres of rain dumped on us upon our return trek.

Untold Story #4

Mount Ngungun, Glasshouse Mountains

Link to Blog Post: Click here

The time when Rhett and I were horrendously lied to by every friend, blog, information site in regards to the level of difficulty of climbing Mount Ngungun. I, no joke, almost died.

Untold Story #5

Alexandria Bay, Noosa

Link to Blog Post: Click here

The time when Rhett and I had to battle up 600 odd stairs to get to the nudist beach Alexandria Bay and upon our arrival, Rhett – my clumsy fiancΓ© – slipped on his backside and rolled his ankle ..twice.

Untold Story #6

The Cock Rock, Burleigh Heads

Link to Blog Post: Click here

The time when Rhett and I had to, I kid you not, line up behind 8 to 10 people just to take a single photo on top of the Instagram-famous ‘Cock Rock’ of Burleigh Heads.

Untold Story #7

Burleigh Heads Beach, Gold Coast

Link to Blog Post: Click here

The time when Rhett and I were trying to take long-exposure shots of the water only to have our photos ruined by a neighbouring tourist that was clearly keen on landscape flash photography.

Untold Story #8

Sunshine Beach, Noosa

Link to Blog Post: Click here

The time when I thought it was a good idea to freeze my bloody ass off by sitting in the water whilst wearing a bikini at 6:30 am on a winters morning.

Untold Story #9

Beerwah State Forest, Sunshine Coast

Link to Blog Post: Click here

The time when Rhett and I were literally eaten alive by monstrous swarms of mosquitos and were physically unable to snap more than a handful of photos.

Untold Story #10

Kondalilla Falls, Sunshine Coast

Link to Blog Post: Click here

The time when Rhett and I were brutally confronted by two nudist teenagers taking photos of each other whilst mimicking popular karma sutra poses in front of the waterfall.

Untold Story #11

Moran Falls, Lamington National Park

Link to Blog Post: Click here

The time when Rhett and I were blessed with 10 minutes alone before being joined by three seperate couples and a small group of seemingly very angsty teenagers.

Untold Story #12

Maleny Botanical Gardens, Sunshine Coast

Link to Blog Post: Click here

The time when Rhett and I were washed out by torrential rain whilst exploring the Maleny Botanical Gardens and were forced to wait it out for an hour under various shelters and huts.

As always, I hope you guys enjoyed reading this post or at the very least had a laugh or two and I hope everybody has another fun-filled weekend of adventure, and wander, and happiness. But until we speak again next time, stay safe! πŸ™‚

The best gifts in the world are not in the material objects one can buy from the store, but in the memories we make with the people we love. – Amanda Boyarshinov

1. June 24, 2017 / 6:06 am

First, I loved the Winnie the Pooh quote at the beginning! And oh my goodness, I couldn’t stop laughing throughout this post πŸ˜‚
    Bless you guys for all your troubles you go through to get the photoshoots done πŸ™‚
    I hope this weekend’s adventure goes well for you πŸ˜›

• June 25, 2017 / 6:47 am

Hahah. Awe, thanks Ang! ❀️❀️
      Yes! Well Saturday morning went really well, but the evening kind of flopped! But that’s all apart of the fun isn’t it! ☺️ I hope you and Rory had a wonderful weekend! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

2. June 24, 2017 / 6:13 am

This is so beautiful!!! I love the stories! #2 sounds just like me and my forgetfulness πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ. We see these perfect high class photos but never realize all the stress that comes with it! Reminds me of showing perfect product photos on IG but folks don’t know how messy my apartment gets just to find the perfect prop and lighting for that one photo! Oh the stress and beauty of blogging! πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

• June 25, 2017 / 6:49 am

Ohhh Asaake. If I’m forgetful, chances are, you are too! πŸ˜‚

Ohh stop. ‘Perfect high class’ what is this. Pfffft. But yeah, it is exactly like product photos. Flat lays are my worst nightmare. Thinking about it literally makes me sweat. πŸ’–πŸ’–

3. June 24, 2017 / 6:14 am

Love the Winnie The Pooh quote! Your photos are so gorgeous!! ❀️

4. June 24, 2017 / 6:41 am

The photos are amazing and you look stunning πŸ™‚

• June 25, 2017 / 6:51 am

Ohhh thank you beautiful Cheila! πŸ’œ Amazing coming from you lovely! I have been following your for a while now. ☺️☺️

• June 26, 2017 / 2:49 am

I’ve just followed you a couple of days ago. How didn’t I find you sooner, no idea

• June 26, 2017 / 8:07 pm

Hahah! All good! You are one of the busiest bloggers I follow! You and Angela combined – motivate me every single day! πŸ’œβ˜ΊοΈ

5. June 24, 2017 / 6:52 pm

Amazing photos and great stories Linda! I wish Finland had spots like those. πŸ™‚

• June 25, 2017 / 6:53 am

Ohh. Thankkkk you beautiful Nora!
      I’m sure Finland does! But I don’t think I’d be wearing a dress out your way! Maybe 6 layers of jumpers. πŸ’œπŸ’œ

6. June 24, 2017 / 9:41 pm

Love this post!! Your pics are so lovely that it is easy to imagine they’re just staged, like a magazine shoot or something, and forget that they are real situations – loved reading the true stories behind them, they really made me chuckle x

• June 25, 2017 / 7:27 am

Ohhh Steph! You are way to kind to say! πŸ˜±πŸ’œ
      Thank you so much for reading. And for your lovely words. 😍 I hope you’ve had a great weekend (or weekday) haha wherever you are! ❀️

7. June 24, 2017 / 11:16 pm

This post is too adorable! You definitely been through a lot, but I can say it’s worth it x

• June 25, 2017 / 7:29 am

Thank you – as always – beautiful Siyana! πŸ’œ
      It’s been a whirlwind few months haha. And we have definitely been learning our lessons that hard way. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

8. June 25, 2017 / 3:47 am

I loved reading this! It was very cute and also shows how committed you are! πŸ™‚

• June 25, 2017 / 7:31 am

Thank you Shelby! I’m so glad you enjoyed it πŸ˜πŸ’› Rhett and I are pretty committed hehe. Let’s hope we can keep it up! 😳
      I hope you’ve had a good weekend! xo

• June 25, 2017 / 7:50 am

I hope you had a great weekend too! I hope you were able to take more pictures and do what you love 😊❀️

9. June 25, 2017 / 8:53 am

I LOVE #10! That is too funny. I relate to many of the struggles endured to get a photoshoot. Bugs, downpours, crowds, falls, haha its all in good fun, yea? Another great post, I always enjoy your expressions. xo

• June 25, 2017 / 12:12 pm

Haha, yes V! All in good fun! ☺️☺️
      And as per usual – thanks babe!
      I always ❀️❀️ hearing from you!

10. Keri Elaine
    June 25, 2017 / 9:37 am

It’s safe to say you two put sweat and tears into your photos! They do look amazing though. You can tell this is a labor of love πŸ™‚

• June 25, 2017 / 11:59 am

You have made my day with this comment!
      And given me motivation to continue with the sweat and tears tonight! πŸ’™

11. June 26, 2017 / 7:08 am

Loved it! I had always imagined you being out there all alone and surrounded only by serene landscapes ;D

• June 26, 2017 / 8:04 pm

Hahah! Unfortunately it’s a little less comfortable than some of my photos would have you believe 😜😜 But still very worthwhile! πŸ’œπŸ’œ

12. June 27, 2017 / 3:25 am

Okay, this is the best idea for a post ever!! I LOVE this! I love that you share the truth! Great post, as usual!

• June 27, 2017 / 1:02 pm

Haha. Thank you gorgeous Kels!! πŸ’œπŸ’š

13. June 27, 2017 / 6:42 am

This is hilarious! I don’t know how you climbed Mount Ngungun in that beautiful dress… and of course, a pat on the back to Rhett for suffering for art (the rolling of ankle twice does not sound fun!).

• June 27, 2017 / 12:59 pm

Haha, Carmen. I’ll let you in on a little secret. I didn’t! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ – All my hikes are done in sensible trainers and workout gear. I just go to the added effort of getting changed. Just to add a little something something to a already beautiful landscape. πŸ’œ

14. June 27, 2017 / 8:53 am

I loved your photos. They came out gorgeous. πŸ™‚

• June 27, 2017 / 12:57 pm

Owe! Thank you so much Brandy! πŸ’œβ˜ΊοΈ

15. June 30, 2017 / 6:23 pm

Thank you, you’ve made me fall in love all over again with Beautiful Brisbane and Queensland. 🌸Love the photography!