Twin Falls, Springbrook National Park

Saturday was one of those epic days where everything seemed to fall into place. After waking up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 am and spending an hour and a half driving down the Pacific Motorway with a loose plan and an over-cooked sweet-potato loaf as our breakfast (for recipe, click here), I soon found myself in the heart of Springbrook National Park, standing with my jaw dropped to the floor in front of the wildy incredible Twin Falls. And it would have seemed that the mornings drudgery had proven well worthwhile as Rhett and I soon discovered that we were completely and blissfully alone.

To give you a bit of background information, Twin Falls is just one of the many water falls that you will encounter walking the ‘Twin Falls Circuit’ located within the Springbrook National Park. The circuit itself was fairly innocuous, but wildly rewarding. And before we knew it, Rhett and I found ourselves submersed in a subtropical rainforest, navigating through narrowed, ambiguous walkways and impressive formations. And not once did we ever run short of things to see or views to gawk at.

For any locals thinking about making this trek, the Twin Falls Circuit itself is about 4 kms in length and estimated to take 2 to 3 hours to walk. But I dare say that whoever came up with that estimation probably factored in 5 to 10 additional minutes of viewing time for each creek, and waterfall, and lookout as the walk itself seemed fairly short. But considering just how much there was to see, Rhett and I were lucky to make it out in under 2-and-a-bit-hours.

Anyway, back to the main event. I cannot begin to explain to you just how incredible the Twin Falls were. After a weeks worth of rainfall, the waterfall itself was absolutely raging and the force of it all almost made me want to retreat and take a few, or fifty, steps back. So when Rhett politely asked me to climb onto a neighbouring rock a mere 5 metres away and hold a steady pose for about ..15 to 20 minutes, you could probably wager a guess at just how keen I was.

And you won’t be able to tell from these photos, but the whole time I was propped on top of that rock, I copped massive sprays of water and unsettling gushes of wind. And I’m not going to lie, not only was I freezing my ass off but I felt utterly confronted by just how forceful and wild nature can be. Needless to say, getting these photos proved to be a bit of a challenge, both physically and mentally. But it definitely made for a crazy and amazing experience. And looking back, I am so proud of my efforts! What do you guys think?

And that’s it from me today. Pretty short and sweet but regardless of length, I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Here’s to a lightning fast working week and a sunny next weekend!

1. June 27, 2017 / 6:16 am

The falls are fantastic! Wish I could feel the spray and here the crashing of the water.

• June 27, 2017 / 1:02 pm

Haha, thanks John! It was definitely an experience! ☺️☺️

2. June 27, 2017 / 6:21 am

That looks majestic! I haven’t been anywhere near a waterfalls ever but I’m definitely putting that on my life’s bucket list.

• June 27, 2017 / 1:02 pm

Ohhh! Thank you – as always – beautiful V! 💜💚
      I have no doubt that you would be able to capture this waterfall very artfully! 😘😘

3. Anonymous
    June 27, 2017 / 6:21 am

Been there a few times. I love Springbrook. Done most of the bushwalking tracks around there too!

• June 27, 2017 / 1:00 pm

This was actually my first track! But I’m pretty much hooked. Do you have any recommendations!? ☺️☺️

4. June 27, 2017 / 8:09 am

These pictures are surreal and makes me want to visit Australia asap!

• June 27, 2017 / 12:58 pm

Haha, you SHOULD visit Australia asap Kirami! 💜💚

5. June 27, 2017 / 9:19 am

Stunning!!!!! Just curious, is it allowed to jump into the water? It’s too romantic not to 😫😫

• June 27, 2017 / 12:57 pm

Hey Asaake! 💜☺️
      Yes, yes you are!
      Completely swimm-able? Is that a word? I don’t know.
      Why don’t you come around and give it a go? 😜😜😜

6. June 27, 2017 / 10:33 am

I really enjoyed this post Linda! The Twin Falls look beautiful. I also love the dress you are wearing 💕

• June 27, 2017 / 12:56 pm

Ohhh! Thanks beautiful Nat! 💜☺️

7. June 27, 2017 / 10:44 am

You’ve gotten very good at your trademark ‘from behind sitting looking at the gorgeous scenery’ (and you can never go wrong with gorgeous scenery), but might I suggest playing with some new poses, to change it up. The shot where you are walking down a trail with trees on either side (I think you said you were eaten alive by mosquitos) was a nice change, and it gives a different view of the clothes you are wearing. You might try (as the location permits), lying down on the rocks and trailing your hand in the water, standing with an arm around a tree or such. I’m sure you could think of others appropriate to the locations. That would broaden your repertoire! And, much as I know you don’t care to be “seen”, a few front shots of the clothes would be nice also. Since you sometimes wear hats, you could be looking down with the hat tilted covering your face, if you wanted, or find other creative ways to stay anonymous if you wish. Please?

• June 27, 2017 / 12:53 pm

Awe! Thank you so much for taking the time to read and provide such constructive feedback! 💜☺️

You are right – I definitely need to change it up a bit! I will be looking to rectify this weekend! And hopefully you can report back on how I am doing! ☺️☺️

Love the trailing hand in the water suggestion! I’m not sure I could do that without looking completely unrelaxed! Haha. But you know what – I will totally give it a go!

Haha. And how could you tell that I don’t care to be ‘seen’. 😜😜😜

• July 7, 2017 / 10:59 am

Actually, I think I have to take back my comment. Apparently what I get in my email doesn’t show all the photos with the posts, so unless I make a comment, I don’t see the site. Because just now I’ve been wandering around through posts (earlier than this one) and you have a TON of photos with a variety of poses! Will have to make sure to click thru to the actual site from now on and not just read the email version! Therefore, carry on! You’re doing brilliantly!

8. June 27, 2017 / 12:40 pm

I personally like that all the poses are the same. It shows consistency and makes every post flow with the next. As you said it is a trademark.

Keep doing what your doing with Olive and Clo, Linda. We all LOVE the individualistic way you have created this page and the subscribers speak for themselves xx

9. June 27, 2017 / 3:44 pm

Well done for getting up crazy early again to get us these amazing shots! I can only imagine what it would be like to be that close to a waterfall that huge!!

• June 27, 2017 / 5:53 pm

Awe Ang! 💜💜 You will have to come visit soon and you and Rory can join Rhett and I on one of our little day adventures! ☺️☺️

• June 27, 2017 / 6:00 pm

Ahhh I would love too!! We’ve spent too much recently though and we’re still recovering! Also, getting up at 4.30 am sounds impossible 😂

10. June 27, 2017 / 5:04 pm

Gorgeous pictures, as always! I am such a homebody, but with each post that I read of yours, I get more inspired to venture out and explore the sights around me!

• June 27, 2017 / 5:55 pm

Ohh Lauren! Your comment absolutely made my afternoon! 💜💜 Thank you my lovely!
      I have just trawling through your blog – and you make me want to take better care of my skin! 🤣🤣

11. June 27, 2017 / 7:35 pm

This is lovely! The twin falls are so…. inviting. Specially after this post…

• June 27, 2017 / 8:06 pm

Thank you Vera! Haha, I definitely recommend!
      I’m not sure I’m game enough to get in, being the middle of winter! But definitely worth having a wander around! 💜💜

• June 27, 2017 / 8:08 pm

I won’t be going in there this time around…. but I just put it down on my bucket list.. 🙂

12. June 28, 2017 / 6:02 am

Awesome photos! I couldn’t imagine what it was like to be standing on that rock watching the waterfall. I would of been nervous. Matter of fact I probably wouldn’t of gotten on the rock.(lol) It made for a wonderful photo.

• June 28, 2017 / 5:47 pm

Hahah, ohhhh. I believe you would have Ivy! 😂
      But not going to lie, it did make me a little nervous as well! ☺️☺️

But thank you for your kind words Ivy! 💜❤️

13. June 28, 2017 / 5:44 pm

Hello Fellow Banana 🍌 Bender, I was surprised to see pictures of Springbrook, absolutely stunning! Blessings-Onyx.Natasha

• June 28, 2017 / 5:50 pm

Ohhh! Thank you gorgeous Natasha! 😊😊😊

14. July 3, 2017 / 7:10 am

Respect the dedication, gurl. 4:30am. Wow. Kudos.
    And totally worth it too. These shots are amazing!

• July 4, 2017 / 5:55 am

Hahah. Hello favorite flower child.
      And thank you! It is dedication!
      I’ll be hauling your ass with me if you ever come visit.
      You best start practicing your 4 am wake ups! 😘

• July 4, 2017 / 7:31 pm

Uh-huh. Bad call, love. Me like me early sleep.
        I already sleep only five hours max. And once i wake up, it’s almost impossible to go back to sleep.

So if I have to wake up an hour earlier whenever I visit,….

Well, then I’ll see you in Heaven.

• July 5, 2017 / 7:50 am

Hahaha, ohhhh Jainey.
          Then I wouldn’t recommend visiting Australia any time soon. You’ll be in a world of hurt. 🤣🤣
          Especially in summer – when the minimum requirement will be a 3:30 am wake up. 😏😏

Also. That is NOT enough sleep woman. Sort yourself out. ❤️

• July 5, 2017 / 9:23 am

I know it’s not enough, Lindy but my body just doesn’t understand that. So far, at exactly five hours (giving at least 30mins above), it gets up and pulls me along. 😛

15. July 12, 2017 / 7:20 am

So beautiful and I applaud your efforts! The shots came out wonderfully, I always appreciate the the views of your weekend adventures! Do you hike in your dresses or change once you get to your photo location? x

• July 13, 2017 / 7:39 am

Haha! Hello my little model friend. 😊❤️
      Of courseeee I dont hike in my dress – I would have been long dead by now if that had been the case 😂😂 – I awkwardly get changed on location. Which isn’t my most fav. part of the whole experience! Hehe. How have your adventures been going my love? ❤️😊