You Asked & I Answered

As most of you guys would know, I hosted a sneaky Questions & Answers (to read, click here) in celebration of our little Olive & Clo familia reaching 1,500 + subscribers. So today I thought it would be a good a time as any to answer all the incredible, and some very hilarious, questions that I received. Whilst also taking the opportunity to share a few photos from an early morning spent dawdling around Springbrook National Park under beautiful, golden light. If any of you guys are yet to see, or smell, or hear a subtropical rainforest within the first few hours post sunrise, I highly recommend this simple experience gets added to your bucket list.

A Blog by Victoria asked:
Since you’re from Australia, have you ever seen a kangaroo personally? If yes, did you get close to it?

Hahah, V, this question made me laugh. Yes, I have seen a kangaroo and yes, I have patted a few in my time. They are honestly everywhere in our neck of the woods. In fact, I saw a few wallabies (basically small kangaroos – FYI) just the other day at Springbrook.

Asakemi asked:
Do you have a blogger tribe? Like people who you can count on to support you in the blogging community?

Ah yes! You, Asaake, would be the chief of my tribe. But also Angela from Life of Angela, Hazel from Mrs S. LDN, Kelsie from KelsieKristine and Victoria from A Blog by Victoria .. are a few others that would preside on our council.

Would you ever consider blogging full time?

Oh my goodness. I dream of being able to blog full-time. That way I could spend my days talking nonsense with you. And frankly, I honestly couldn’t think of a more worthwhile use of my time. (Wink).

Does Rhett have a brother?

Hahah. You know he does. His name is Nicholas and yes, he knows his way around a DSLR. But unfortunately, my dear Asaake, he also happens to be very, very taken.

Is it even on your radar to come to the US so we can have tea and chat about blogging and be silly?

Is it even on my radar .. bloody oath it is! Is it on YOUR radar to waddle down my way and teach me about organic, wholesome skincare? Uh, because if it’s not, it really should be.

Dippy – Dotty Girl asked:
Which is the most difficult location that you have shot in (so far)?

Ohh. Good question. Rhett and I debated over this question for a long while but we both agreed that Alexandria Bay, the nudist beach on the Sunshine Coast (see post, here) was probably our biggest mission to date. Because not only did we have to hike up 250 plus stairs at 5:30 in the morning with no clear plans and myself harboring a bad attitude, but Rhett, the clumsy koala, slipped once and rolled his ankle twice. But on the other hand, Alexandria Bay was also one of the easiest in the sense that we didn’t have an audience to contend with. I find any place with loads of people very difficult to shoot at.

StarringPamela asked:
What’s your favourite song lyric?

Hmm. I actually don’t have one. I’m more of a whatevers-popular-on-the-radio kind of girl. But if I had to choose, it would probably be something from TayTay. Uhm.. “players gunna’ play, play, play and the haters gunna’ hate, hate, hate, but I’mma gunna’ shake, shake, shake. Shake it off. Shake it off.” Hah. Yeah, not sure.

What is something you really want to do but haven’t done yet?

Oh my goodness Pam. That is one loaded question! I have an endless list of ‘want-to-dos’ and it honestly feels impossible to try and narrow it down. But I guess, a big one for me right now would be to go on a one month holiday to anywhere with my hubby-to-be, Rhett.

Do you usually wait for the right time to do something or make your own opportunity happen?

I’m definitely a go-getter and in that respect, I like to think that I make my own opportunities. And to be honest, I’m not really sure what ‘waiting for the right time’ in any aspect of my life would actually look like. Unless I am ‘waiting’ for a potential new job opportunity to open … but even then, I would probably still make some cold calls.

Life of Angela asked:
Staying up late or getting up early?

Most definitely getting up early. I’m usually dead to the world by 9 pm AEST.

How is wedding planning going?

LOL. Hmm. I have written a total of 2 wedding related emails for the month of June and now, at just 5 months out, I am still yet to finalise my guest list. I think it’s safe to say that I have dropped the ball on this one. But .. you know .. I’m confident I’ll get myself sorted soon enough. And Ang, as soon as progress is made, you’ll be the first to know!

How did you and Rhett meet?

In a University Library. We, amongst mutual friends, found ourselves sitting across from one another, and despite myself suffering from a disgusting chest infection, Rhett still seemed to find me attractive. Because not only did we start to play footsies under the table but he also asked for my phone number so that he could “message me and stuff”. LOL.

How do you choose spots to go to for your adventures?

I follow a lot of Brisbane-based photographers on Instagram so I draw a lot of our location ideas from their feed. But I guess what comes after that, is evaluating the location based on its accessibility, potential foot-traffic and whether it would be best photographed at sunrise or sunset.

Any funny road-trip stories?

Hahah. Uhmm. Our road-trips usually don’t go for more than 4 or so hours on any given weekend. But I guess one of the best parts of our road trips so far have been when we stumble across bizarre-named towns such as ‘Humpybong’ and ‘Wonglepong’.

Keri Elaine asked:
I wanted to know what would you do if money was no object?

I absolutely adore this question Keri. And I, myself, often ask this exact same question to the people around me. So thank you, lovely Keri, for asking.

For me. It would honestly be to travel the world and document my adventures and discoveries on Olive & Clo whilst also getting to showcase beautifully-locally-crafted dresses from each and every country that I visit. Haha. Boom! Mic drop.

Where are three places you would love to visit?

If I had to choose only three, it would probably be: Greece, Spain and the Maldives.

Mrs S. LDN asked:
How do your brain storm your ideas and locations. Which comes first and how do you find your locations?

Again, we draw a lot of our inspiration from local Instagrammers but aside from that, as there seems to be no shortage of epic vistas, and stunning landscapes, and hidden waterfalls to explore along South-East Queensland, it’s usually as simple as having a quick chat with a colleague or two to sort out our plans for the weekend. Fingers crossed it remains that easy.

And in terms of finding the locations that we do choose. Uhm, well. So it would turn out that Rhett is pretty nifty with the ol’ Google Maps. Usually I can get away with simply giving him a photo and a general idea of location and more often than not, he’s able to narrow it down. And Haz, as a budding travel blogger, this little trait of his has quickly become one of his most desirable qualities. Haha.

Rhett is always the one behind the camera, have you ever had the urge to be on the other side?

Ehrm. Not really. I usually don’t mind leaving all the photography and post-processing ‘stuff’ to him. But in saying that, when and if we do invest in a second camera, I have no doubt that I will start walking around with a camera in my own hand as well.

What blog(s) inspire you the most? Which ones do you look to the most for inspiration? Do you have any blog crushes?

Hmm. Good question. Victoria Magrath’s Blog from IntheFrow, Jessica Stein from TuulaVintage, Nicola Easterby from PolkadotPassport and Jess Dales from JessWandering instantly come to my mind. But I also tend to draw loads of my inspiration from Instagram-based Influencers such as Emilie Ristevski from @HelloEmilie, and Jason Charles Hill from @JasonCharlesHill, and Leonie Hanne from @OhhCouture. And that’s just naming a few!

And that, my lovely wombats, is all from me today. We’ve finally reached Thursday down here in Australia and I’m not going to lie, my count down has officially been switched on for the upcoming weekend. What’s everybody got planned?

1. June 29, 2017 / 6:49 am

Love your answers! Also your Instagram is amazing. I don’t have anything planned for the weekend yet but I’m looking forward to having next Tuesday off for our Independence Day! Kinda strange to go to the office on Monday and then have a day off but I’ll make it work. 😀

• June 29, 2017 / 4:06 pm

Your question of “What is something you really want to do but haven’t done yet?” made me think of your fave Hamilton quote 😀 Was that the inspiration behind the question, or do I just have Hamilton on the brain? 😀

• June 29, 2017 / 11:45 pm

It was! 😀 You and I both have Hamilton on the brain!!!

• June 29, 2017 / 7:05 pm

Awe! Pamela! You are honestly much too sweet! 💜💜
      Damn you and your day off! I am so so jealous. I think my next day off is in October – or something stupid! 😭
      It is really strange. I’ve done that a few times. But I never complain! Haha. I hope you have a good one darling! ☺️☺️☺️

• June 29, 2017 / 11:49 pm

Awwww thank you!! 💖
        Hahahaha we get a lot of holidays off and a lot of vacation time where I work. It’s why no one leaves! 😂 Thank you!! 😀

2. June 29, 2017 / 7:06 am

You’re just so darn likable! Come you the UK and have a brew with me 🙂 x

• June 29, 2017 / 7:06 pm

Oh stop it Sarah! You are making me blush! Haha 😳🤣
      I would LOVE nothing more than to waddle over to your side of the world and have a cuppa with you. It would be utterly magical. 💜 We need to make this happen. 😌

3. June 29, 2017 / 7:33 am

Congrats on reaching 1,500+ followers. I’ve enjoyed reading your stuff and looking at your pictures. I wish you many more successes. Next stop, 2,000!

• June 29, 2017 / 7:08 pm

Thank you so much! 💜💜
      For your kind words and absolutely making my Thursday night! ☺️☺️
      And here’s to YOUR success 🙌🏽🙌🏽

4. June 29, 2017 / 7:48 am

Hahahaha. Glad I made you laugh. I have just always been curious about kangaroos (and frankly, have always wanted to be near one or touch one), as with pandas. 🙂 And aw, thank you and you’re welcome. You’re worthy of support, baby cakes. :*

• June 29, 2017 / 7:10 pm

Thanks V 😘💜
      You are much too wonderful for little ol’ me.
      I can’t say I’ve ever wanted to touch a panda. But now that I think about it .. I do now!! 🤣

5. June 29, 2017 / 8:32 am

Loved your answers! I didn’t asked anything because THEY had already asked all the questions i had. Love the Mic drop. Epic,

• June 29, 2017 / 7:12 pm

Hahaha. Thanks – wonderful – Jainey. 🤣🤣
      Couldn’t not mic drop after that response. What’s your answer miss!? What would you do with your time if money was no longer an object? 💜💜

• June 29, 2017 / 8:11 pm

For me. It would be to travel the globe visiting every single member of my WordPress family and associating with them more.

– Also, I’ll hold and fund (flight tickets, accommodation, etc) a grand meet and greet in a country of my choice for all of them to attend and bond as a WordPress family.

– Then I’ll take Ipuna Black and my virtually adopted siblings on a very relaxing and fun vacation. But that would be after my vacation with my actual family.

– And since I’ll be travelling a lot, I’ll open a travel… blog, come to you for advice and training and share my experiences following YOUR footsteps.

BOOOOM!! Double Mic Drop!

• June 29, 2017 / 8:48 pm

Hahahahahahah!! Oh my goodness Jainey.
          You have officially become my number ONE blogger friend EVER! 🤣🤣

Whattt ahhhhmazing goals. Bloody oath! I would do the exact same thing! But also buy an island where Bloggers can go to create content, collaborate and frolic around in the sand and sun together. And they won’t just get a personal butler (or 3) to serve them but also a photographer, graphic designer, and marketing advisor all at their beck and call. Heheh.

OBAMA OUT! 🕺🏽

• June 29, 2017 / 9:10 pm

Yep. We’ll make a WordPress civilization of our own there. With our own hospital, supermarket, sports arena, cinema and everything else that makes a great city experience…

We’ll never need to leave again. Rather, we’ll invite others to come join us. What would you have us name our island?

6. June 29, 2017 / 4:08 pm

I loved reading all these!! It’s nice to get to know you a little more Linda 😀
    Thank you for including me in your blogging tribe, and for answering my laundry list of questions. 😀

• June 29, 2017 / 7:12 pm

Haha. It’s MY pleasure little Angelina 😘😘😘

7. June 30, 2017 / 2:28 am

Congrats on reaching 1,500 followers Linda! That is such an amazing accomplishment. I loved reading your answers and learning a little bit more about you and your blogging experience. So jealous you have gotten to pat some kangaroos! xx

P.S. I can defiantly see you being a full-time travel blogger one day!

• June 30, 2017 / 9:01 am

Aweee Nat! 💜💜
      Thank you so much gorgeous girl!
      Cannot wait for another fashion post by yourself!! Hint. Hint. 😉😉

8. June 30, 2017 / 3:02 am

Ref the kangaroo question: despite having spent an aggregate period of more than 2 years of my life in Oz I haven’t seen that many ‘roos. Loads of wallabies and pademelons etc. Those few ‘roos that I have seen have been way out in the distance or road kills. Best place for wallabies & wombats and all that was Tasmania on the overland track, you can get right up close to them because they are so used to bushwalkers passing by that they don’t take any notice – also no traffic. Wombats can get aggressive if you get to close but if you keep a reasonable distance they ignore you. Get over to Lake St Clair & the Overland Track for a photo shoot but better wait for it to warm up a bit before you do. I went there in October and it rained every day and was pretty cold with it!

• June 30, 2017 / 9:04 am

Haha, good call out! 🤣🤣
      I used to live in Northern Queensland. And there was an instance where my partner and I actually had proper roos in our very backyard! They are absolutely hilarious to wake up too.

Oh yes. Speaking of pademelons! I saw loads, and loads, and loads of them on our drive last weekend. They looked more like a great hopping rat than one of the too family.

I will most definitely be putting St Clair on our bucket list. Thank you so much for the suggestion! 🙂

• July 1, 2017 / 3:38 am

Just make sure it’s not going to rain or be cold when you go!

9. June 30, 2017 / 4:16 am

Congrats on reaching 1,500 followers!!! I loved learning more about you and hope you do more Q&A’s in the future! Also, I am very jealous of your time in the national park! It looks so serene and relaxing 🙂

• June 30, 2017 / 9:06 am

Oh thank you so much beautiful Shelby 💜
      I hope to do more as well. They are so easy to write as well. Looking forward to reading a Q&A from you miss!! ☺️☺️

• July 1, 2017 / 11:01 am

Awe! Thanks so much lovely! I’ll be sure to check it out! 😊😊😊

10. Keri Elaine
    June 30, 2017 / 9:12 pm

Loved you answers it’s always fun to get to know the blogger better. Thank you for answering my question 🙂

• July 1, 2017 / 5:05 am

Thank YOU for asking it. ☺️❤️

11. July 1, 2017 / 10:58 am

Since everyone’s inviting you over, can you stop by in Nigeria lol ? Great answers!

• July 4, 2017 / 5:47 am

Ohh Sharon! 💜
      I am so so sorry for the late reply!
      I am absolutely abysmal at blogging on the weekends! 😞😞

But yes. Haha. I would ADORE going to Nigeria.
      It would be an absolute whirlwind of an experience.
      And luckily enough for me, I know exactly who I would hit up to be my companion 😉😉😉