June Under the Microscope

I know, I know. I say this every time. But I just … I honestly cannot believe that I am sitting here, once again, writing yet another instalment of ‘Under the Microscope’. I could have sworn only a fortnight has passed since my summation of May and frankly, I am not entirely sure I have a lot to update you guys on. But alas, I shall push forward with some highlights from June and whilst doing so, showcase some of my favourite photos from the month that was.

June in Review:
Personal Achievements:

• Spent a weekend in Noosa and ventured up to Carlo Sandblow and Rainbow Beach;
  • Finally walked the Twin Falls circuit in Springbrook National Park and Moran Falls circuit at Lamington National Park;
  • Scrambled up Burleigh Heads ‘Cock Rock’ where I confronted a small bout of vertigo;
  • Finally got my hair done after 6-months of dealing with outrageous re-growth; and
  • Rhett and I celebrated our 9-year anniversary.

Wedding Achievements:

• Finalized my guest list and wedding invitation suite! Yaaaass!
  • Paid 6-month deposit to our wedding reception venue.

Professional Achievements:

• Spent a few days out in the regions, getting to know front-line operations; and,
  • Substantially improved my Excel and PowerPoint skills! Hehe.

Blogging Achievements:

• Rolled out Olive and Clo to my family and friends;
  • Invested in a new website layout for the blog plus a new lens and filter suite for our DSLR;
  • Maintained a blogging schedule of 3 posts per week (although, very nearly didn’t); and,
  • Had a photo regrammed by @VisitSunshineCoast and @BackpackersWorldTravel.

Goals for July

• Stop spending so much g*d-damn money!
  • Get back on the Ketogenic/Paleo lifestyle of eating, having officially fallen off the bandwagon .. again. I may have had a chocolate and beetroot cake with chocolate ganache for breakfast today. Ugh, and it was soooo good.  Thanks Trena! ❥❥
  • Climb either Mount Tibrogargan or Mount Beerwah without plummeting to my death.
  • Aaand, visit Girraween National Park and watch the sunrise next to the iconic ‘balancing boulder’.

That’s it from me again. I still cannot believe that Rhett and I are 5 months out from our wedding date and just 6 months away from yet another Christmas! Un-bloody-believable. Before I’ll know it, I will be 28-years-old, married and welcoming in another New Year. Is everybody else’s year going as lightning-fast as mine seems to be?

1. July 1, 2017 / 4:39 am

Congratulations on every single achievement, babe! 🙂 And tell me about it! Time flies incredibly fast, I don’t even know what happened in the past 6 months!

• July 1, 2017 / 10:05 am

Thanks darling V ☺️💜
      And I knowww. 😳
      Lucky we have our blogs to remind us that we actually did ‘stuff’ these last few months! 😊

2. July 1, 2017 / 4:56 am

Great photographs. You really have a talent for capturing not only the landscape, but the mood of the locations. Cheers!

• July 1, 2017 / 10:06 am

Thank you so much! That compliment really means the world to me! Makes all the effort that little bit more worth it 😉😉

3. July 1, 2017 / 5:14 am

This makes me so happy to read! Yes to this new theme! And wooohoooo for being a Mrs by 2018 😂😂

• July 1, 2017 / 10:12 am

Haha. Thanks darling Asaake!
      What do you have planned for the next few months? Ohhh. You should definitely write a post. Would love to read. ☺️☺️

4. July 1, 2017 / 6:34 am

Congratulations Linda!! You did so much this month! A super well done to coming out blog wise to family and friends, as I know you were stressing a little about it. How exciting that it’s 5 months till your wedding! A summer December wedding will be so nice, and then it’s Christmas and 2017 will be over. Crazy 😂

• July 1, 2017 / 10:14 am

Haha, thanks babe! ☺️ As always. ❤️❤️
      I know. 😳 Lots to do and lots happening.
      I’m pretty excited, wanting it to be November/December already, but also – just want the year to slow down! I have so much left that I still want to do! 😊😊

• July 1, 2017 / 10:15 am

Thank you beautiful Keri! 😊❤️

5. July 1, 2017 / 1:38 pm

Wow you’ve done so much! I agree, the year is just flying by. On one hand I wish it’d go by a little slower but on the other I’m excited to see what the future holds! I can’t wait to see more on your wedding!

• July 4, 2017 / 5:44 am

Ohh! Good to hear it’s whizzing past you too!
      It’s absolutely insane! 😳😳
      As always – Thank you so much Pamela. 💜💜
      And I am super excited to share my day with you! ☺️☺️☺️

6. July 1, 2017 / 10:29 pm

Congratulations on all your incredible achievements – especially the ones to do with your wedding coming up soon (I have a thing for weddings 😀 )

Also, I agree with StripSearchLA that I love the way you capture the mood of the locations you shoot. Yes, I read all comments before commenting (in case you were wondering).

Also, a 28yr old, soon to be married MODEL. WoooHoooo!! Sounds exciting!

(hey cut it out. what do you mean by “sounds”?)

But it does, doesn’t it?

( smh. Idiot. Ignore her. She doesn’t know “exciting when she sees it. I mean, you work those dresses damn well and make the locations much more intriguing. And she has the guts to say “sounds”. 🙁 )

Geez! I’m sorry, okay.

(you had better be.)

Anyways, so I get to call you Mrs. in five months… coool. And..

(stop ranting.)

This is the last one, i promise.

(What is it?)

The year is going so fast that I feel like yesterday was January.

(SMH!! Crazy girl.)

Errrr. we are the same person so that’s on you too.
    Boom! Jainey out!

• July 4, 2017 / 5:53 am

Oh my goodness Jainey.

I am sooooooo, super, blooming sorry for my late ass reply. Weekends and Mondays are the worst for me. I can’t seem to keep up with ANYTHING. 😫😫

Haha but anyways. Jainey, I must say … Can I like … put you in a box and express ship you to Australia? I would like to keep you. Purely due to your sheer ability to make me laugh. Hahah 🤣🤣

Also – this comment – did you have a little brain fart? Haha. Because woman – get youuuuuur sh*t together! 😜
      I’ll have to send you an invite to the wedding. You would make a brilliant MC! 😜

What did you do this weekend!? 😍

• July 4, 2017 / 7:55 pm

No frigging way! I don’t do box travels. But if you offered putting me in a sphere, I wouldn’t mind. 😜😜

Also, don’t worry. I totally understand the Mon-ends dilemma. It seems like everybody’s brain goes on strike during that period. 😂 😂

And I don’t think it was little at all. A huge brain fart!
        Because I was actually imagining the voices as I typed… The only reason I stopped was because I got a “brain-freeze”. 😂

What did I do in the weekend? If I had seen this yesterday, I would have remembered. 😂 Just kidding! This weekend was packed with interviews with potential employees for a company I work with. 😀 😀
        And others I don’t remember…. I guess that’s it.

(stop trying to avoid the statement before the MC bit)

Oh shut up! I saw it, ok? I’m trying to buy time to see if she’s serious or not. I mean, I want to know when to start thinking of how to book a flight from Africa ahead of time… and shift savings towards the trip… and the perfect wedding gift….

(not to forget you are only sixteen too..)

You moron. Why’d you hafta say that out loud?

(ooops.)

• July 5, 2017 / 7:56 am

Hahahaha! Sixteen!? Who cares. Once you’ve found yourself the puuuuuurfect MC. You can’t put an age on that! 😉😉

Ohh. Sounds like an interesting weekend. 💜
          But I’ll be sure to ask you how your weekend was first thing Monday morning next week! You are giving Dory a run for her money with that memory of yours! 😜😜

And sphere travel it is! Haha. 💜💜

• July 3, 2017 / 6:16 am

Ohh! Thank you so much Kris!! ☺️☺️☺️

7. July 3, 2017 / 5:16 pm

Congratulation on all the goals you have achieved! You have been busy!!! Have you enjoyed everything you have achieved? So exiting it isn’t long until your wedding!!! There is so much to do though isn’t there? Really enjoyed this post! And the pictures are amazing !!

• July 4, 2017 / 7:13 am

Oh thank you so much gorgeous girl! 💜💛

I have definitely enjoyed this month (or last month now haha) – it’s been a bit of a whirlwind and some parts were stressful – but all in all, very worthwhile ☺️☺️

There IS so much to do. When did you get married? Any tips and tricks? 😍😍

• July 4, 2017 / 7:57 am

We aren’t actually married yet!! Been together 10 years and for wedding booked for next summer so I just refer to him as my husband!!😂😂😂
        It’s pretty stressful planning a weddings isn’t it!!?? I just want to be married!!!!

• July 5, 2017 / 7:26 am

Oh my goodness. Your story is so similar to my own! Rhett and I have just reached our 9 year mark! 💜😊 Long time coming eh eh?! 😂

It is a little stressful. Once you add blogging and full-time work to the mix. 😳 How are you finding it? What are you up to in the planning stage!? 😊😊

• July 5, 2017 / 7:30 am

Tell me about it! Life has a habit of taking over!!!
            Ah congratulations, we have booked the wedding.. for guest list started etc and generally planned what we need/want but that’s about it! It just costs so much doesn’t it, I keep having second thoughts on the big wedding and think I want to go for something smaller next year. I just can’t wait to actually be married! It’s been a long time coming! May I asked what has made you guys wait a while before getting married like we have?

• July 6, 2017 / 7:04 am

Ohhh – I feel you! So, so much. 💜

I just departed with an obscene amount of money on wedding invitations alone! 😳😳

That is so amazing that you have booked tour wedding. Does your venue have room to move in terms of guest numbers ect.?

Rhett and I have been engaged for 4 years, and I guess in between we both started jobs, changed jobs, bought a house, bought some cats, haha. I guess it’s taken us a while to get our priorities in order. How about yourself!? 💛😊

• July 6, 2017 / 7:08 am

We are the same.. life took over, IVF, miscarriage, infertility and suddenly we were years down the line!
            I know! It’s unbelievable isn’t it.. makes me squirm how much it all costs! I was thinking about making my invitations!
            It’s actually a big country house with room for 40 for the day then however many at night so it’s not going to be big big… just not cheap! And maybe rather extravagant… I’m normally quite understated!!! Probably just having nerves!!
            Are you getting exited for your big day then?? Have you got your dress??? 💜💜💜💜

• July 6, 2017 / 8:01 pm

Oh my goodness! You sound like you have had a whirlwind few years. 😲😲 I think a wedding is very much deserved!

A big country house. Sounds absolutely lovely. Do you know what theme or aesthetic you’ll be going for yet? ☺️

Haha. Uhm. To be completely honest – I am more excited about the stationary at this stage. I haven’t really done much else aside from pay a few deposits and send some emails. And being 5 months away still. I don’t think it’s quite sunk in that it’s actually happening. ☺️

But please tell me more about your plans!
            Do you know what you want your dress and bridesmaids to look like? xo

• July 7, 2017 / 4:01 am

Yes.. all been quite stressful.. the venue we have booked can have all our close friends and family staying all weekend so we get there Friday night eat and drink…. lunch time next day we get married then all get breakfast together the next day too!! I want a short tea style dress… I’ve tried some on and love them! What’s your dress ideas??
            I want it to be inspired by nature so loads of greenery and woody textures.. but otherwise just want really simple!
            How about you??
            I’d also like a vintage wedding band instead of a brand new one!

• July 7, 2017 / 2:01 pm

Oh that sounds absolutely beautiful! 💜💜
            We are having a kind of burgundy themed wedding. But keeping it very, very simple. Mainly just fresh greenery and flowers. ☺️ And my dress will be a sort-of mermaid cut. I’m getting mine custom made. So unsure what it will look like as of yet! But will be sure to keep you posted! 😜

I never really thought myself a wedding person. Haha, but once you get into the swing of it all! It’s a little bit fun! 💜❤️

• July 7, 2017 / 5:20 pm

Ah that sounds amazing!!!! I’d love to see pictures after the big day!!! Are you doing anything to keep your guests occupied after the wedding breakfast and before the night time? I think it’s a really awkward gap… but we are going to get everyone playing rounders on the big field the property has! 😂😂 not sure how well itl go down but I want to put some converse on and do it in my dress.
            Yea I know what you mean! It’s so easy to get carried away though. I went to a friends wedding recently and it brought me down to ground and made me remember how fast it all goes and that ultimately it’s the fact your getting married that matters! 💜😍

• July 9, 2017 / 2:47 pm

Ohh! You know what.. I have never really considered that before. But you are right! That is a bit of an awkward gap isn’t it! Hmm.. maybe a family BBQ on the Sunday after. Unsure. But you have me thinking about it now! 😊😊

Haha. That sounds like a wonderful idea! In your converses! What a photo-moment!

Yeah. I have a few friends that have been married. And they all seem to say the same thing. Might be best to invest in a videographer – and make sure that we don’t miss a beat! 💜😊

I hope you’ve had a spectacular weekend – or weekday haha. Are you thinking about doing a wedding blog series? xx

• July 9, 2017 / 6:02 pm

Yeah it’s a really weird time in the day I think… even if there is something fun for people to do but they don’t HAVE to you know?? BBQ sounds awesome though.. we literally have a BBQ at every opportunity in my family!! 😂😂 have a think about it for sure!!
            Yeah I think a videographer is a great idea… even if you just get he whole thing and go through it and clip it down yourself at least you have seen it all again!
            We have thanks. What have you been upto? Today we are driving south just for a night with ‘hubby’ going to have a night away.. it’s been a long time!!!
            I’m not sure… I might.. but I haven’t really thought about it… are you doing one specifically for your wedding??

• July 12, 2017 / 5:52 am

Sorry for the late reply lovely. It’s Wednesday at the moment. And the weekend + first half of the week is manic for Rhett and I with just trying to get things in order. 😔😔

Videographers are a great idea! But they are just so so expensive. And I’m insure at how realistic it is that I will re-watch it? You know what I mean haha?

Oh! How was your night away!?
            That is so funny. Rhett and I did the same thing this weekend as well! It’s so nice to get away and just walk around and eat out hey! 😀😀

What’s on for you for the rest of the week? 😍💜

• July 12, 2017 / 7:18 am

Hey! Great to hear from you! 😃
            Yeah so expensive and if you aren’t going to re watch.. is it really worth it? Could spend it on other things really!?
            Our night away was amazing! Short but so good! Sometimes you need to get away to clear your head a bit don’t you?’ Did you have a good weekend? I’ve got loads of family stuff this week and then going to get super stuck in to blogging! Also writing an article for a mental health online mag… hopefully they like it! 😱😐 how about you? What are you upto?
            💜💜

• July 13, 2017 / 7:38 am

That sounds incredible! You’ll have to forward me the article that you write! I would love to take a read! 😊😊

Haha – oh man, this is so funny. I have family stuff on this weekend as well! 😂 More so than normal! So unfortunately, won’t get to do much wedding planning or adventuring. But a good excuse to take some time out!

Yeah, Rhett and I had a great weekend! Obviously since it was only one night, it went super duper fast. But yeah, I’d have to agree. We work so, so much. It’s necessary to take a breather. 😊

What do you have planned in the blogging world other than the mag? ❤️

• July 13, 2017 / 6:50 pm

Ah what a shame, but might be good to have a couple of days off planning and then hit it full force again after the weekend!
            Yeah, always good to get some time in together for sure!
            Well… i am thinking of changing the look of my blog but not sure if that would be detrimental as its only in its infancy anyway! what do you think?
            I also need to think about its direction, its mainly fertility orientated but seems to be spreading out in to normal lifestyle stuff and not sure if i should let it take its natural course or just stick to fertility related stuff.
            So much to think about, what made you originally start writing your blog?

• July 14, 2017 / 5:47 am

Hmm… change the look? Do you mean the layout/theme? If so – go gun ho on it babe! 🤣 I change mine pretty often. And haven’t really noticed a downturn in engagement. But mind you, I don’t at all monitor either 🙊

Ohhh… sorry I just read on .. you mean content?
            Again – go gun ho!! 🤣🤣
            I started with baking … and then makeup .. and then fashion .. and now I’m at travel! 😅😅 You just got to go with what feels right for you – and what you can write passionately/organically. I think you have a lot to write about. Fertility/Relationships/A Wedding Series (hint, hint) haha. ☺️ Well – all that – is in my humble – novice blogger – opinion. But yeah, I’d write what you want to write and you’ll find your niche and theme will come to you. ❤️😍

Uhmmm… good question. 🤔🤔
            I’ve been working full-time for 3 or so years now and I guess … I was looking for a creative outlet .. I don’t know .. I kind of looked around me and thought … f*ck, is that it? 5 years of university and that’s … it? I’m not sure if that is making sense… 😕😕

Yourself? I imagine something similar – and to share your life’s journey … but also inform? ☺️💜

• July 14, 2017 / 6:38 am

Yeah I know exactly what you mean… like.. is this what I went to uni for? Totally understand!!
            Yeah after the last miscarriage and when we decided We weren’t going to do IVF anymore. I felt like my life wasn’t enough and I needed to do more. Fertility is such a huge part of my life and felt like I couldn’t just let it go like that! And here I am! 😱
            Ha yes! Coming round to a wedding serious for sure!!! 👍🏼👍🏼

8. July 4, 2017 / 2:26 am

Great achievements also, some stunning photography, Bravo.

9. July 4, 2017 / 11:42 am

Congratulations on all the achievements! I think more of your photos should be regrammed!!

10. July 12, 2017 / 7:33 am

Love love love the city shots!! And happy, happy 9th anniversary you lovebirds!! What an exciting time just before your wedding! It all goes so fast, each year seems to gain more momentum. Feels like yesterday we were preparing for our wedding and were now weeks away from our 1st wedding anniversary. Now I sound like my mom ahhh, LOL! Love to you, Linda ! x

• July 13, 2017 / 7:41 am

Hahahah! 😂💜
      Awe. Thank you so much gorgeous V! 😊😊
      It is crazy how fast each year is going – or the fact that we are well and truly into mid-July already! Absolutely ridiculous. 😳😳

What do you and your boo have planned for your 1st wedding ann? I can only imagine something out-of-this world romantic. ❤️😊