Recommended Photography Locations for Brisbane City

I would like to give all the lucky Australians reading this post a gigantic virtual cuddle in celebration of today being the start of the weekend! (Runs around in circles whilst sprinkling confetti all around). So to kick off this lovely occasion I thought I’d share my top 3 favourite locations for capturing photos of my local stomping ground, Brisbane CBD.

Location 1: Southbank, Brisbane CBD
For those of you who have not yet had the pleasure of visiting Southbank, it’s pretty much the riverfront epicentre for all things culture, food and lifestyle. And it is quite possibly the most impressively manicured and well-maintained 17-hectares you will ever come across within the concrete jungle that is Brisbane. So, as you can imagine, narrowing down a specific location always proves pretty difficult here. But for the below set of photos, Rhett and I set up along the River Quay Green Amphitheatre where we had unobstructed views of the city sky-line and the Goodwill bridge.

Location 2: Wilsons Outlook, Brisbane CBD

If you are looking for a vantage point that perfectly frames the iconic Story Bridge, I urge you to take a waddle down to Wilsons Outlook. Not only is it located right on the edge of the CBD, offering dramatic views of Brisbane’s high-rise buildings and the river down below, but this little strip of greenery is also perched atop a rocky cliff and therefore doesn’t seem to garner as much foot traffic as some of its neighbouring lookouts.

Location 3: Kangaroo Point, Brisbane CBD

Okay. So in terms of city vantage points, no other area can really beat Kangaroo Point, a popular suburb located across the river and directly east of the city’s central business district. And let’s be honest, the photos pretty much speak for themselves. For this particular set of photos, Rhett and I set up on a little peninsular rock that juts out just off the Brisbane River.

Looking back at these photos, I honestly cannot wait to start adding more cityscapes to my ever-growing collection. If anybody has a recommendation or know of any secret-squirrel locations and are feeling decidedly generous, please feel free to pop a comment down below! Otherwise, I hope everybody has an amazing weekend, wherever in the world you guys may be.

1. July 8, 2017 / 5:21 am

These pictures make me want to pick up my paintbrushes and paint. Really amazing pictures.

• July 9, 2017 / 2:44 pm

Hehe!! 😊 Thank you so much!
      It’s ahhhmazing what a little bit of long exposure can do! ❤️
      I hope you’ve had an incredible weekend! 😊

• July 9, 2017 / 2:50 pm

Thank you gorgeous girl! 😚 Haha it’s not hard to take a good photo with such tremendous views! 😍💛😝

• July 10, 2017 / 1:07 am

But you have got to have the eye to appreciate such beauty 🙂

• July 11, 2017 / 5:59 am

Awe! Hehe! Thanks babe! 😍😍😍

2. July 8, 2017 / 6:13 am

These are all such amazing places! I wish I could get the chance to visit Australia soon! 🙂 And yes, happy weekend!

• July 9, 2017 / 2:51 pm

You WILL baby doll.
      I’m slowly building a pretty big bucket list myself. Which sucks – cause Rhett and I have also been saving for a wedding – so we haven’t been able to do more! There is so much to see! 😍😍

3. Anonymous
    July 8, 2017 / 6:17 am

Hi Linda

You and Rhett really captured the heart of Brisbane City by night.
    The lighting used in the Kangaroo Point pictures is fantastic, and I can still see The Story Bridge Hotel tucked away in the left.

Thank you again for sharing. Have a fantastic Saturday, the sun is just pushing through the forrest trees and looking magical!

Blessings

Onyx.Natasha🌸

• July 9, 2017 / 2:57 pm

Oh thank you so much beautiful Nat 😊💜
      It was well worth staying out in the brisk weather! Have you been down that way before? 😍

4. July 8, 2017 / 7:34 am

They do not look real! Also – and this is going to an contradicting statement but: you have to stop! My desire to come to Australia was already at peak level before I found you blog! It’s become an all out obsession and you and Rhett are not helping me in the slightest 😉 – and the contradicting part: don’t you dare stop 🙂 x

• July 9, 2017 / 3:01 pm

Hahahaha! I love you Sar. Already. ❤️😍
      I hope that you do make it over here! Do you have any locations you would recommend on your side of the world?? After this wedding – I’m hoping to get a few international holidays in! Might as well start a bucket list now! 😊😊

• July 10, 2017 / 7:44 am

Oh god yeah, and these are all places I want to visit or revisit;
        Peak District National Park, Malham Tarn and Cove, Windermere, Yorkshire Dales National Park, Gordale Scar, Ingleton Waterfalls, Tatton Park, Coniston Water in the Lake District.. and there all just in the north-west of England 😄❤

• July 12, 2017 / 5:54 am

I have literally scribbled all these locations down on a piece of paper. I would love nothing more than to see those places! I’ve only been to England for like .. 3 days. And only was able to see the very tourist-y places! I think visit #2 is in order!! ☺️❤️

• July 12, 2017 / 6:10 am

I was going to say if you ever get round to it, hit me up, I’ll be your tour guide, but considering these are some places I haven’t been yet either, I wouldn’t be much of a tour guide 😋 I could bring the English flask of tea and protect you both from our varied and dangerous wildlife… like crazy sheep.. and the occasional badger. Actually thinking about it you Australians probably wouldn’t fare too well over here.. far too dangerous 😉

• July 12, 2017 / 6:15 am

Hahaha! Sarah! 🤣🤣
            The occasional badger! 🤣🤣

What do you guys have in terms of insects … and other potentially lethal animals?

To be honest Sar – I’m not sure how I have survived for so long in this country. Everything can pretty much be considered as lethal. On any given adventure, I am always looking out for spiders, and crocodiles, and leeches. 😭😭😭

• July 12, 2017 / 6:22 am

Umm, well we have spiders, daddy long legs, moths, ants, ladybugs, bees and wasps! All of which happen to be… not dangerous in the slightest lol, which is one of the reasons I have little patience with my family with their fear of spiders, spiders that are much smaller than a 1p coin… and even the bigger ones aren’t dangerous, drama queens 😉 I’m forever having to come to the rescue of poor little insects 🙈

• July 12, 2017 / 6:25 am

Is that all you have in the way of spider species Sar!? 😳
            Whilst I am over here – risking my life day in and day out! In the summer time, spiders as big as my palm can be found in my bedroom. 😭😭

Now I am desperate to come visit. If only to walk around bare foot in tall grass and not have a care in the world!

You lucky duck – what day is it for you? And any plans for the weekend? 😍😍

• July 12, 2017 / 6:31 am

Pretty much, they vary in size, but rarely do we ever see on the size of our hand, in my 25 years I’ve seen one that big. Nothing compared to the dangers you lot encounter, you must be made of sturdier stuff as everyone I seem to meet in England has such an irrational fear of tiny spiders that are the definition of harmless (rolling eyes) 😄
            It’s half 9 in the evening, Tuesday here, which makes it morning for you? And a Wednesday? No plans yet, the week seems to be moving very slowly though so might have to think of something so I can look forward to it. You?

• July 13, 2017 / 7:34 am

Haha. It must be Wednesday for you now then?
            I’m officially in the home stretch, being Thursday morning. I have my sister-in-law and her fiancé visiting for the weekend, so unfortunately not too much adventuring this time around. 😞😞

Yeah, it would definitely be worthwhile planning. What do you do from Monday through to Friday? Work/Studies? ❤️

• July 13, 2017 / 11:16 am

Just turned Thursday 😊
            Well not being able to go trekking in exchange for seeing family isn’t too bad and if it is just don’t tell them that 😋😉
            I’m a dental nurse, but at the moment I’m waiting on a operation 😔 I have a disability so it could be a while until I get back to work. It’s one of the reasons I started up a blog, needed to be feeling productive and like I’m actually working towards something 😊

• July 13, 2017 / 8:30 pm

Oh lovely! I am so sorry to hear! 😔😔
            But I am grateful that now I get to say I have made a beautiful friend all the way in England. Evidentially the safest country on planet earth. LOL. ☺️

• July 14, 2017 / 2:02 am

Me too 😊💜
            Lol, well it rains a lot over here.. that’s dangerous, we could drown very easily.. if we were lying out in the street with our faces to the ground… but still! 😉

• July 14, 2017 / 5:55 am

Hahahahahahah! God bless you and your cotton socks! 🤣🤣🤣

• July 12, 2017 / 6:16 am

Oh! An English flask with tea. And you as my tour guide. Let’s lock it in! 😁😁

5. July 8, 2017 / 7:43 am

These are gorgeous! As much as I love your natural backdrops, it would be awesome to see more cityscape ones too! I imagine those would be more crowded and possibly more trickier to work with, but I’m sure you guys will work it out 😀
    I’m looking forward to hearing about this weekend’s adventures 🙂

• July 9, 2017 / 3:03 pm

Hahah. Thanks Ang! 😊😍
      Ohhh. I haven’t mentioned yet. But I broke my phone – so haven’t had a chance to check WhatsApp! Sorry if I’ve been a bit MIA! 😖😖

I will definitely try to take more cityscape photos. They are harder to work with in terms of foot traffic but at the same time easier, as Rhett and I wouldn’t have to travel so much! 🤗🤗 Ohhh. Have you and Ror had a good weekend? Looking forward to your summary!

• July 9, 2017 / 3:13 pm

Oh nooo. How’d you break your phone? :O
        But yes, cityscape photos would mean less travel which might make your weekends a little less time consuming 😀
        Our weekend is going pretty good! Wish the weather would be better though 😂

• July 9, 2017 / 3:17 pm

In the toilets at Macdonalds! 😳😳
          I rested it on one of those toilet roll handlers and .. it just slipped! SMASHING my entire screen. 😫😫😫😫. Still licking my wounds over here. Clearly. Haha.

• July 9, 2017 / 3:26 pm

Oh no, I’m so sorry Linda! (I did have a little laugh though 😂)

6. July 8, 2017 / 11:33 am

Amazing pictures. Makes me want to jump on a plane and visit Australia right now!

• July 9, 2017 / 3:04 pm

Hahah. Well if that’s the case. My job is done! 😂😂

7. July 8, 2017 / 1:05 pm

You and Rhett make me want to add Brisbane City to my travel bucket list! I would love to get to know these places!

• July 9, 2017 / 3:04 pm

Pam – these places would LOVE to get to know you too! I just know it! 💜😊

8. July 9, 2017 / 6:05 pm

Wow! Pictures look seriously amazing!!! Looks like a fab place to visit!!

• July 12, 2017 / 5:53 am

Haha, a potential honeymoon destination for you and hubby-to-be!? 😘😘

9. July 12, 2017 / 2:44 am

Gorgeous photos – I’m Canadian but lived in Brisbane for a year and this brings back some lovely memories. Thanks!

• July 12, 2017 / 6:18 am

Thank you Aleya! 💜
      It was so good that you were able to visit and see it all first hand! Not that many people manage that – heck, it took me 2 years of living in Brisbane to waddle myself to this national park!

Are you back in Canada? I can only imagine the stunning places you would get to see!! ☺️☺️

• July 12, 2017 / 12:47 pm

Yes! I am in beautiful Vancouver ❤️ Thanks:)