Sunrise on Top of Blackfellow Falls, Springbrook National Park

You guys would never guess what time Rhett and I hauled our butts out of bed last Sunday morning. Three-fudging-thirty! It felt downright 鈥n-g*dly. An absolute crawl. And why? Because, for some bizarre reason, we thought that鈥檇 it be a good idea to watch the sun rise over Springbrook National Park. Which, mind-you, included a 1.5 hour drive south from our Brisbane CBD home. So whoever came up with that brilliant idea was a bit of a silly wombat. And let’s be real, that wombat was most likely me.

Nevertheless, despite Rhett and I both sporting bloodshot bleary-eyes, sluggish limbs and a bone-chilling dislike for the winter cold, for the most part, we managed to maintain a fairly upbeat attitude. Having spent the better half of the Saturday before indoors, achieving very little at home, we were both keen to get back outdoors, breathing in natural, unfiltered air and getting our bodies moving again.

So without further ado, here is a small gallery of photos where Rhett and I watched the sun rise over Springbrook National Park sitting on the edge of Blackfellow Falls. This lookout, which is not really a lookout at all, was a brisk 15-minute walk down a fairly well-worn path just left of the Canyon Lookout car park. And with our head-lamps on, the journey itself proved pretty innocuous and aside from the occasional pademelon that ran passed us, scarying the absolute life and soul out of me, there was not much else to report. But yes, there is nothing that gets my heart racing quite like contending with wildlife in the dead of night.

Nature aside, the sunrise turned out just as we had expected, breath-takingly spectacular. The rolling hills of the National Park were lit up with a beautiful, warm cast, and the crisp, nippy air, and utter quietness of the world made for a serene and magical morning. And the fact that we got the place to ourselves for the entirety of the morning made our early efforts all the more worthwhile.

I hope you guys enjoyed this short and sweet post. And until we speak again next time, I would love to hear some stories from your weekend adventures. Did you guys manage to catch a sunrise?

1. July 26, 2017 / 8:25 am

Absolutely adore all your pictures, especially number five. This picture is breathtaking for many reasons, particularly that the foreground , mid and backgrounds are so different, however, as nature would have it,they collate so beautifully together!

Kudos to you, Linda and Rhett for waking up so early in the morning. My chihuahua and I are barely surviving the 2.5 degree mornings out here in our new country home.

Keep the pictures coming.

Blessings

Onyx-Natasha鉁岎煆金煂葛煓忦煆

• July 26, 2017 / 8:18 pm

Natasha! 馃挏 It is always a good day whenever I hear from you! 馃尯馃尯

Haha your chihuahua! My goodness Nat, I do hope you have plenty of woolen coats for him/her! 馃ぃ I can barely survive and I benefit from a lot more fat to insulate me! 馃槈

As always. Thanks you for your kind, lovely compliments lovely. 馃挏 And I adore that you even took notice of our efforts re: foreground and backgrounds! Not always easy to coordinate or come by! 鈽猴笍

Love. 馃槏馃槝

2. July 26, 2017 / 8:26 am

Well, I certainly think it was worth it for Rhett to get such gorgeous pictures for us to see, but then I wasn’t one of the two people getting up at 3:30 to accomplish either!

DIfficult to get up that early? Sure, but go ahead and do these crazy things while you’re young and can. Too soon age puts a damper on such things. Bleh. Trust me, I know.

Thanks for sharing, and the sacrifice of sleep.

– Deandra

• July 26, 2017 / 8:20 pm

Deandra! 馃槺
      Do you know how LONG I have been wanting to know your name! 馃槺 I feel like … I have won the damn lotto or something .. haha! Thank you so much for signing off your comment! 馃挏馃挏 Deandra Deandra Deandra! 鈽猴笍

Thank you so much – for yet another beautiful, kind and supportive encouragements! 鉂わ笍 I will definitely be doing more very early wake ups for as long as I possibly can. Because you are absolutely right – they are utterly worth it. 馃槝

3. July 26, 2017 / 10:16 am

Linda, you belong in those photos. Is it you or Rhett or both of you who manage to bring magic into your frames? A wombat would be proud to call you its own 馃槈 xx

• July 26, 2017 / 8:25 pm

Hahahahahahah! Oh my goodness.
      Your comment made me laugh. So so much. 馃ぃ馃ぃ
      Well… if I am a wombat … you are also a wombat! A traveling – lover of all things beautiful – wombat! 鉂わ笍馃挏

Dippy-dotty girl – how is it that I still do not know your name! 鉂わ笍鈽猴笍 I feel as if, I know you so intimately already. Will you share your name with me one day? 鈽猴笍

• July 27, 2017 / 3:10 am

My name is Arundhati 馃檪 I follow you on instagram. It is no secret, love. Just that my personality is so scatty – if you knew me you would remark upon the aptness of that pseudonym.

I hereby accept the title of wombat and solemnly declare that I shall wear it with pride.

• July 27, 2017 / 7:43 pm

Oh my goodness! 馃槼馃槼
          I am following you now!! I am so sorry it’s taken me this long! 馃挌 But honestly – you really should have poked me and said – hey … pssst … it’s me … Dippy – Dotty Girl! 馃ぃ馃ぃ

Haha. Amazing! I am going to start a bit of a wombat adventure tribe. 馃挌鈽猴笍 You will be the lead wombat.

• July 27, 2017 / 7:49 pm

I’ll be on the enemy wombat tribe. It would be the battle of a lifetime when our two armies clash.
            Yeah she should have done that or at least make it a bit obvious like I did with mine.

• July 29, 2017 / 2:54 pm

Hahahaha! That’s right Jainey! 馃ぃ馃ぃ
            But an enemy wombat tribe!!
            Oh miss. Not going to lie. But I am super disappointed in you. You were going to be our chief advisor wombat. 馃ぃ

• July 31, 2017 / 1:02 am

Why aim for chief advisor when I can be the leader? Mwuahahaha! Haaaahahahahahaha!
            *end evil laughter*

• August 2, 2017 / 7:07 am

Hahaha! Revolting already Jainey. 馃槒
            How very unlike you! 馃槤馃槤

• August 2, 2017 / 6:29 pm

Well, well, well…
            i guess there’s more to me than meets the eye… Muahahahahaha!

• July 27, 2017 / 11:26 pm

Hahaha no worries. I am not quite obsessed about checking things on social media 馃槈 I am all ready to be baptized as the lead wombat. xx

• July 29, 2017 / 2:56 pm

Hahaha! 馃槏鉂わ笍

4. July 26, 2017 / 10:25 am

The water over the rocks looks other-worldly and tranquil 馃挋 love it Linda

• July 26, 2017 / 8:29 pm

Thanks beautiful Sarah. 馃挏
      It definitely was. And absolutely worthwhile the early morning struggle!

I’ve been meaning to ask babe – have you gone in for your procedure/surgery yet? 馃挏

• July 26, 2017 / 9:38 pm

No 馃様 it’s not quite as straight forward as just going and getting it done, they don’t actually know what the best option is and they’re trying to figure it out so it might be some time yet.

• July 27, 2017 / 7:29 pm

馃槥馃槥 I am so sorry to hear that baby doll. Hang in there babe! And looking forward to reading more about your journey – once you get to the other side. 馃挌馃挌

• July 26, 2017 / 8:31 pm

Oh! Thanks so much lovely Pam! 鈽猴笍鉂わ笍
      I hope you’ve been well! Will be waddling over to your blog and catching up on your adventures asap! 馃槈

5. July 26, 2017 / 12:49 pm

Wow Linda, these photos are beautiful. I did not catch a sunrise this weekend. Haha I was catching up on sleep. Maybe I will have enough will power to catch a sunrise next weekend and maybe take a few photos! xx

• July 26, 2017 / 8:33 pm

Absolutely Nat! And perhaps showcase that amazing fashion sense of yours under the golden light! I have no doubt that it’d be magical! 鈽猴笍鈽猴笍 Yesss! Now you must do it! 馃ぃ馃ぃ And thank you – as always! It was definitely worth the effort. As your efforts will be rewarded this weekend! 馃槣馃槣

6. July 26, 2017 / 1:36 pm

3.30am? I don’t think I could manage that, it would take a miracle 馃槀
    Although, that sight is pretty tempting 馃榾 I love the adventures you two go on. These pictures are magical 馃檪

• July 26, 2017 / 8:34 pm

As always Angela! 馃挌
      Thank you! 鈽猴笍

Maybe you and Rory will manage it soon 馃ぃ – after all the stresses of house buying, and lawyers, and self-hosting all die down and you guys get some much needed sleep! 鈽猴笍鈽猴笍

7. July 26, 2017 / 5:17 pm

This looks amazing! What a beautiful thing to do as a couple on a Sunday morning!! Apparently there is a meteor shower in the next couple of weekends. We are hoping to take the car up to somewhere dark. Take a picnic and watch it together. Really looking forward to it. Itl be our luck that it will be pouring with rain though! Anyway! Great post my love! Hope your well!?

• July 26, 2017 / 8:38 pm

Oh! 馃挍馃槺
      That sounds like it would be magical!
      Hmm… I am going to do some research on our sky! Hopefully I get a similar opportunity soon! It would absolutely be worth the effort! 鈽猴笍

And thanks my lovely. And yes – sorry I’ve been a bit MIA lately. I have just .. been all over the place. 馃槼 Behind on work. Behind on wedding plans. Behind on the blog. Much less – catching up on others blogs! I even forgot to feed my cats this morning. The poor buggers. I trust you have been well lovely? 馃挌馃挌

• July 26, 2017 / 11:33 pm

I know sounds awesome doesn’t it!!! I will defo do a post on it if we manage to see them!!
        Ah we all get like that from time to time sweetheart! Don’t give yourself a hard time about it!
        Poor cats though! 馃槺 bet they weren’t pleased!! 馃槀

• July 27, 2017 / 7:36 pm

Hahaha! They were so damn upset! I cannot even explain it to you. But yeah, heaps behind on everything. But we have a few public holidays coming up here.. so hopefully that will set us on the right foot. 馃挌鈽猴笍

Absolutely amazing. I am looking forward to seeing photos if you do catch the show. Is it the weekend for you in the next day or so? What else do you have planned?

• July 28, 2017 / 6:40 am

Ah yes that will be good! always nice to have an extra day off!!
            We have a SLR camera so hopefully that would pick it up, although i am no photographer!
            We are getting our Dog tomorrow so i am going to spend the weekend bonding with him and setting some sort of routine if possible!
            How about you? Are you behind or ahead of the UK?

8. July 26, 2017 / 9:09 pm

Ugh. 3:30am. 馃槴馃槴 Now my head aches. 馃樀馃樀 Anything having to do with getting up early does that.
    These are really amazing! Especially No. 5. So magical and sooo your domain.馃槏馃槏 I agree with Dippy Dotty Girl that you BELONG to these photos.馃槏馃槏
    P.S. I know her name. 馃槤

P.P.S I was unable to catch a sunrise. 馃槖 For two reasons: it was too hot so it burnt my net. 馃槺 Then I couldn’t find another big enough to fit in a sunrise. Any tips?

• July 27, 2017 / 7:28 pm

JAINEY BAIBBYY! 鉂わ笍鈽猴笍
      How is you? My little crazy flower child. 馃尯馃尯

Ha! Well guess what. Now I know her name too! Mwahah! 馃ぃ馃ぃ And how empowering does it feel. 馃槣

Burnt your net? … haha you’ll have to explain further on this one my lovely! 鈽猴笍

• July 27, 2017 / 7:36 pm

You is doing well. Says it’s been a while since you guys spoke. Now I wonder why Lindy didn’t how I am…
        At least she got my name tag right…. CRAZY. 馃榾 馃槅

Ha ha. Well, the power I had was fun while it lasted. 馃槅 馃槅
        I tried to catch the sunrise in my fishing net. But apparently the sun’s heat was too much for it. I’ll try again tomorrow with something of stronger material and more heat resistant. 馃槢

• July 29, 2017 / 2:52 pm

Haha! 馃ぃ馃ぃ Oh Jainey Flower. You are a wonder! 鈽猴笍鉂わ笍 I hope your next attempts prove much more successful!

• July 31, 2017 / 1:07 am

Errrr…. they weren’t. Somehow, it seems the Sun doesn’t appreciate being caught in a net and destroyed the unity of the citizens of NetWorld with her fiery hot temper.

If you have any tips, I’ll be happy to have them.

• August 2, 2017 / 7:08 am

Hahah. I’m sorry darling. I have no tips on capturing her tempestuous nature. You are on your own their soldier! 鈽锔忦煒傪煓

• August 2, 2017 / 6:33 pm

Oh man… what’s there to live for? The one person I expected to have my back – gone when I needed her most! Boo hoo. The world must be ending or maybe its being so close to the Sun that’s making me delusional?

9. July 27, 2017 / 2:35 am

Oh my goodness!! Swooning over these captures and mother earths morning magnificence!! P.s. I have always wondered what a wombat looked like, haha!! Beautiful pay off for that early waking and drive. x

• July 27, 2017 / 7:38 pm

Hahahah! 馃ぃ馃ぃ you know what. I am going to capture a photo of a wombat for you. And match it to my face. The resemblance will be ridiculous. 鈽猴笍 And as always boo – thanks for yet another beautiful comment! 馃挏馃檹馃徑

10. July 27, 2017 / 6:16 am

It was totally worth the inconvenience of leaving the warmth and comfort of your bed lol You guys take the best photographs of the sky. Simply breathtaking. Cheers!

• July 27, 2017 / 8:32 pm

Oh. Thank you so much! 鈽猴笍鈽猴笍
      Your compliments always make me smile! 馃挏

11. July 27, 2017 / 10:10 pm

Omg. Your pics are breathtaking!!

• July 29, 2017 / 2:55 pm