An Afternoon Spent at Currumbin Beach, Gold Coast

Today, my little wombats, I wanted to share with you a suite of my favourite photos from an afternoon spent at Currumbin Beach, Queensland. Rhett and I enjoyed a lovely few hours basking in the warm sunset glow whilst watching surfers flock to catch the remaining waves for the day and our photographer comrades making good use of the incredible afternoon light. And it was simply wonderful.

For those of you who aren’t local to the area, Currumbin Beach is a charming coastal suburb and just one of the many surfing hubs located on the Gold Coast. It is no more than a quick hour drive south from Brisbane CBD with no shortage of activities for the family to do or see, places to explore, and cafes to lounge at.

Being one of our most visited destinations on the Gold Coast with good surf, friendly people and a relaxed atmosphere, in my books, Currumbin Beach is a no brainer for those fortunate enough to be within the area. What else can I possibly say? Rhett and I have spent more than a handful of weekends this past year here, having since sorted out our go-to cafes, and parking lots, and even preferred sun-baking spots. We absolutely love it here.

As always, I hope you guys enjoyed this post and despite being relatively short, I hope it was enough to inspire one or two into heading out and catching a sunset or two yourselves this upcoming weekend!

1. July 28, 2017 / 6:10 am

Linda, thank you for sharing! It’s a lovely delight to view Queensland’s stunning beaches captured so eloquently from the lense of a camera 😊.

As for Bronson-David (my chihuahua) he prefers not to wear clothes, Lord knows I’ve tried, but my little Darling prefers the free-spirited life! However, we do keep warm on chilly mornings like these with wheat packs warmed in a microwave, a heater and an electric blanket, so really, he’s toasty-warm and spoiled for a fur-baby! 🀣

Eventually Bronson-David and I will plan to visit some, if not all the places you’ve featured on your blog. As we don’t live far from Tamborine Mountain, since our move, we need to muster up the bravery you and Rhett have shown in diligently venturing out into the bitter winter cold to really capture nature’s wonderous moments! Wish us luck, lol! πŸ˜†

I wish you and Rhett a gorgeous day today, waiting to be embraced with every glorious moment!

Light and Love

Onyx-Natasha and Bronson-David πŸŒΈπŸ™πŸΌ

• July 29, 2017 / 3:04 pm

Hahaha! Nat. Can I please be Bronson? He seems to be living the DREAM life! Do you have plans on getting him a little friend soon?

Oh. Where do you live? That would be amazing. And it is honestly well-worth the effort! I cannot wait to see your photos! ☺️☺️

Thanks beautiful Nat and Bronson! As always! An absolute delight to read your comments! πŸ’œπŸ’œ

• August 30, 2017 / 6:40 am

Dear Linda, I just found your comment, it was no doubt hiding in cyber-space! Lol about being Bronson, actually B.D is ten yaw old and prefers being an only child, so, he won’t be getting a brother or sister anytime soon. He does adore people and would make you his best friend in minutes, ha-ha. We live near Mount Tamborine, in the country, not far from many of the beautiful places you and Rhett photograph. Again, thank you for your lovely comment and I’m glad I found it and eventually replied!
        Blessings to you and Rhett 🌸

2. July 28, 2017 / 8:35 am

Thanks for sharing, Lindy. These are truly quite a sight. Marvellous angles too.
    Whoa. Whoa. There’s another Gold Coast…?

• July 29, 2017 / 5:26 pm

Hahaha. Yes! There is! Wait … where is the other one? 😳
      I’m thrilled you enjoyed the diversification in angles love! ❀️☺️

• July 31, 2017 / 12:50 am

In Africa. There’s a country there that used to be called the Gold Coast… … GHANA

3. July 28, 2017 / 10:18 am

Absolutely magical! I will have to visit one day soon! What are the winter temps like? xx

• July 29, 2017 / 5:27 pm

Owe! Thanks gorgeous V. ☺️ As always!
      Winter .. is well .. cooler. But I can get around in a dress with a jacket in my hand, and get away with it!
      Wouldn’t recommend trying to swim in any of the waterfalls though. Not the smartest thing I have ever done. 🀣🀣

4. July 28, 2017 / 2:07 pm

Beautiful! I would love to learn how to surf someday!

• July 29, 2017 / 5:29 pm

Haha! I tried once Pam. 🀣
      It just so happens that Rhett surfs pretty regularly. Haha. And when we first started dating, he did try his level best to get me on a board. Unfortunately, not for me. But you probably have much more grace and balance than I do! πŸ€—πŸ€—

5. July 28, 2017 / 4:23 pm

Woah! I came back from visiting the old post, and four months has made an insane difference in your photos!! You guys have definitely come a long way πŸ˜€ I love it!! They look so professional and magical! The sunset makes the photos extra lovely, and also Rhett surfs?? Sounds like fun!! I’m way too scared to ever try, and also the sea is just too cold, and I can’t really swim well anyway. Which is hilarious since I live on an island technically πŸ˜€

• July 29, 2017 / 5:32 pm

Ahhhhh! Angela! I am thrilled that you have noticed! β˜ΊοΈπŸ€— They have come such a long way. I am so proud of Rhett’s abilities! So thank you so much for noticing lovely! πŸ€—πŸ€—

Haha. That’s not Rhett standing there with the board! Or behind the camera. 🀣🀣 He is yet to make an appearance! 😏😏

Haha. I’m the same as you. I’m not the biggest fan of the sea. Rhett is a fish. But I’m more like … an ant. Strictly land animal. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

6. Keri Elaine
    July 29, 2017 / 11:28 am

You always have inspiring photos, but these make me want to learn how to surf!

• July 29, 2017 / 5:32 pm

Oh. Thank you beautiful Keri! 😍☺️

7. July 30, 2017 / 3:41 pm

Oh, these are so gorgeous! I am super jealous of how well the sun flares turned out as they never seem to work out well for me, haha.

• August 1, 2017 / 6:11 am

Hahahah! Thank you! πŸ€—
      They turned out better than expected myself!
      But mind you, I do have a file full of sun-flare fails stored away. Haha. 🀣🀣

8. August 1, 2017 / 10:01 am

Damn, these are National Geographic status. Great photos, guys. As you already know, I’m a sky slut. Keep it up πŸ˜‰

• August 2, 2017 / 7:24 am

Hahahahahah!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      Good to know! πŸ™Š
      I will keep you in mind when out and about this weekend. Sunset, sunrises, I’ll be looking to capture the sky, just for you! πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

9. August 12, 2017 / 9:42 am

Hi Linda, just found your blog and Instagram page today and I am absolutely blown away! You possess such elegance in your photos and props to Rhett for the stellar shots too.
    Love the adventures! Can’t wait to get back in Queensland to visit some of these places ! 😘