So, it’s been 2 – 3 months since my last post, and it’s obvious that I have been woefully neglecting Olive & Clo.
With the end of the year fast encroaching on myself and hubby-to-be, we have found ourselves fairly busy and to be honest, somewhat demotivated to create content in the spare moments we have had.
In any case, today I wanted to take the opportunity to update this little space of mine, and any readers that might still be out there, lingering, waiting patiently. Whilst, of course, also sharing a few photos from the last however-many-months.
So.. what have I been up to?
Ah. The rumbling beast that Rhett and I had managed to ignore for most of 2017 has finally reared its stress-inducing, hairy head. But, aside from the logistical headaches and financial anxieties that accompany wedding planning, I’d have to admit, that there have been parts of the process that I’ve found myself really enjoying and have been somewhat touched by.
For instance, the enthusiasm of loved ones. I can’t even explain to you just how moved I get every time somebody – anybody – goes out of their way to do something for me. For instance:
- My maid of honor driving 4-hours back and forth to try on her bridesmaid dress;
- My indecisive and excitable mother purchasing her 4th outfit option for the big day;
- My highly-organized cousins heading out to buy rose gold heels almost immediately after being asked to be bridesmaids; and,
- All the guests who, upon receipt of their invitations, purchased flights and booked accommodation; all of whom are willing to travel large distances to be a part of our special day.
I can honestly say, that the excitable-ness (?) that this whole wedding ordeal has rallied from the people around me will be, without a doubt, the highlight of my year. I have absolutely adored every high pitched phone call, flooding of photo messages, and excitable dance thus far.
That aside, in terms of what I have been up to wedding-wise, here is a ‘quick and dirty’ snap shot:
- Finalized guest list and started drafting seating arrangements;
- Finalized design concept with our wedding designers for ceremony and reception;
- Purchased knicks and knacks such as bridesmaid robes, groomsmen gifts, wedding favors, cake stoppers, etc.
- Finalized reception MC/band program; and,
- Saved, saved, saved …
As you can see, none of the above sounds terribly exciting. Quite the opposite actually. If it weren’t for my unhealthy obsession with excel, I would have, without a doubt, groaned at the thought of it all as well.
(Cough). Drum roll please. For about a month or two, honeymoon planning completely consumed me. I kid you not. It was everything I thought about; it was all that I googled. But alas, I am officially on the other side now with our flights booked, accommodation booked, site-seeing tickets booked, etc, etc. So, without further ado, Rhett and I are off to Spain, Morocco and Portugal! (Throws confetti and runs around in circles).
Now, after all that, I have really only managed to develop a sort-of ‘skeleton’ itinerary, but here it is:
- 9 nights in Spain (2 nights in Madrid, 2 nights in Sevilla, 3 nights in Granada, 2 nights in Cordoba);
- 5 nights in Morocco (4 nights in Marrakech, 1 night in Agafay Desert); and,
- 5 nights in Portugal (2 nights in Porto, 3 nights in Lisbon).
If anybody out there has recommendations landscape and photography wise, let me know!
General Life Update:
I guess, professionally, I have been doing pretty great. No complaints there … Other than the fact that it’s November and needless to say, a holiday is well and truly overdue.
And that brings me to what I have been up to personally, outside the realms of all things wedding and honeymoon related. Well, not a whole lot actually. Rhett and I haven’t been able to get out as often as we would have liked; preoccupied with work and what-not, but we are hoping to get back to it very soon. Especially with the ramp up to our honeymoon. In which I am obviously very, very excited about!
So for now, I guess I’ll finish this post off here. Short and maybe-not-so-sweet. But this time, Rhett and I hope to return with another adventure soon, or at the very least, within a much more civilized time-frame. LOL. Because let’s face it, the last break was basically, unacceptable.
Lots of love, Linda.